title of your story

Cali's P.O.V

I've lived in London all my life, but being in University is so different. I don't even have a social life anymore and it doesn't help that I still live with my parents. When I told them I wanted to pursue a career in art, they weren't exactly pleased. Surprisingly, they allowed. But they told me if I really wanted to go down that road then I had to put school first. So, I gave up my social life and pretty much all of my friends to pursue my dream.

I woke up this morning with a pain shooting through my head as soon as I opened my eyes, I need aspirin. Everyday is practically the same routine, Monday, Wednesday & Friday consisting of; breakfast, uni, lunch, home, run, dinner, sleep. The other , uni is substituted with studying the history of Art/Artists.

This week, our homework assignment was 'Who's your favourite artist? write an essay consisting of at least 6 pages explaining; why they're your favourite artist, where their inspiration came from, the different techniques they used to produce their 'masterpiece' and finally, if you understand their artwork on a personal level.

If I'm being honest, none of this means shit to me... Excuse my french. But I'm an artist myself, not a journalist or a biographer. so, I don't see why I need to write about this completely useless information.

I trudged out of bed, stretching my body before heading to my en suite for a shower. After standing for what felt like ages just waiting for the water to heat up, I stepped in to the cubicle, letting the hot water relax my muscles. I let out a soft sigh, before grabbing my shampoo and washing my long blonde hair.

Today being Monday, I actually have to go into Uni. I groan, grabbing my outfit for the day & leaving my hair to dry itself.

I settle for a simple cream top, white vest & a high waist light denim skater skirt, which is well complimented by my cream floral boots. I'm not really a fan of make up and I'm lucky enough to have zit-free skin, so I usually just stick to using mascara & lip gloss.

I leap down the stairs with my slightly damp hair & my essays in hand. I head straight for the kitchen, where my mother is sitting at the island with her nose stuck in a book.

"morning,"

"morning love, are you off to uni?" my mother asks, her attention never fully leaving the pages.

"yea, I'm just grabbing something for breakfast." I sighed, clipping my essays into my folder and placing it into my bag.

"yea..." she mumbled, clearly not paying attention to me.

"Where's dad?" I asked, clearing my throat to catch her attention. She blinked a few times, before turning her head towards me.

"He left for work like an hour ago," she smiled, closing her book & standing up beside me. "Did he not talk to you before he left?" she tilted her head, going into the fridge.

"Nope..." I mumbled, popping the P. "I'm going." I groan, grabbing my bag & a banana, heading for the door.

"Take a coat, its winter!" my mother yells to me.

"whatever." I groan, grabbing my cream coat from the hanger before I reach the door.

The college is about half an hour walk from my house, with a coffee shop about half way there.

When I reach the coffee shop, I head straight to the the queue.

"Morning Cali!" Louis, the cashier smiled a little too wide for 9.30am on a monday morning.

"Hey Lou," I almost groan.

"Well, someone has the monday morning blues." he chuckles, "usual?" I nod my head, leaning against the counter.