Chapter 1

Why do we have to exist again? Why do we have to go through life having to deal with the opinions of others and because you're just so blessed to be born with feelings you care what they have to say. But as my best friend Anna repeatedly tells me to just forget about the opinions of others, the words still linger in  the back of my mind. The only place I feel content is in my dreams. Ahhh, the benefits of dreams, they take you to places that you'd never thought you'd go so the surprises of them are endless. Sadly, the place I was in quickly became a blur when the blow of a pillow was sent to my head causing me to jolt up.

With a glare that could kill I stared at my sister while she chuckled in front of me. I grabbed the pillow I was sleeping on and returned the favor of getting a blow to the head back to her. After she came to the reality that she was just hit she yelled out into the tensioned air. "MA! ALEX HIT ME WITH HER PILLOW!" She looked back at me with the same glare I was giving her, the glare soon turned into a smirk when she heard the footsteps of my mother quickly approaching my room.

"What is going on here?" My mom asked looking irritated. "Alex hit me for waking her up for school." Really? "That's because instead of waking me up like a normal person would, she hit me with a pillow to wake me up." "That doesn't excuse you from hitting her Alex, I sent her up here to wake you up not be attacked, and can you really blame her for doing what she did? You'd sleep through a war if allowed, now apologize to your sister and get ready for school." Was she nuts? Why should I have to apologize for something that she started? " No! She shouldn't have hit me, I don't care how deeply I sleep, it was unnecessary." My mother looks at me with more irritation evident on her face from my refusal to apologize. "I'm not arguing with you Alexandria, I'm the adult here and you will do as I say no matter how you feel, now apologize to your sister or forget your plans this weekend at Anna's." Ugh! " Fine, I'm sorry that I hit you Rachel" I say as a smirk becomes plastered on her face. "It's cool, now hurry up freak before you're late." I look at my mother for her to do something about the name I was just called, but she just rolls her eyes and walks out the room with my sister behind her.

God I hate them both, things would be so different if only.... I feel the tears beginning to form in my eyes, I quickly shake the thought along with the situation off and start my daily routine before heading off to school.