Prologue

prologue

I feel like I’m flying soaring like an eagle in the sky and I don’t want to come back down but I know that I’ll have too soon. Ty sets me down and I jump pointing my toe and land safely in his arms as I always do. He smiles at me and sets me down on the ground.

I turn around and everyone claps at our performance.

“Aren’t you forgetting something? What do you do after you perform?” Joy, my dance teacher asks

“We forget to bow” Ty whispers in my ear making me half blush, Ty is my best friend and I have a small crush on him and it doesn’t help him being my dancing partner.

Ty takes my hand in his and he bows while I curtsey and everyone claps again but even louder.

“Excellent Anastasia and Ty try and catch her sooner next time I thought I would be calling for an ambulance tonight” Joy claps her hands together smiling towards the class “Other than that excellent job everyone you’re all dismissed practice tomorrow at six be there or you forfeit your role in the slipper”

Everyone jumps to their feet grab their bags and leave. I have to admit three hours was a little long and I’m puffed with hardly any energy left.

“Hey Ana, do you want to come get ice-cream with us?” Razz shouts her real name is Razzle but she hates it so we all call her Razz.

“I don’t know Razz I have to get home”

“Oh come on Ana are you not melting after that?” Ty whines

“I am”

“So come chill with us” Razz begs

“Alright just for a wee while”

I sit down and take off my ballet shoes and rub my very sore feet. I stand up nearly falling but Ty catches me as always.

“You alright Ana?” he asks

“Yep lets go” I swing my bag over my shoulder and Razz links her arm through mine and together we walk to Joe’s ice- cream shop.

Finally we reach the shop and I yawn from exhaustion. Joe sees us come in and he smiles at us and runs over to me.

“There’s my little niece or should I say Cinderella?” he hugs me and Razz giggles I shoot her a glare she knows my uncle Joe is a little to enthusiastic when it comes to me, he is my dad’s brother and their parents died when they were teenagers so I’m my uncles world basically as well as my mum he would go clean mad if someone was to ever hurt me.

“Joe, how you doing?” Ty asks and I could not be more thankful that he has saved me from yet another death crushing hug.

“Well Ty I always knew you would be Ana’s prince a little sooner than I expected though”

“Well at least I got the roll of prince and not step mother like Razz”

“Hey I actually like being the evil step mother!” Razz shouts

“That’s because you like to be the bad guy” Ty interjects

“So are you dating my little niece Prince Ty?” my uncle asks him and I wish I could just hide at that moment.

“Well sir I believe Cinderella had to wait to the ball”

“Not really an answer there Ty” Razz points out

“Alright, can we get three ice- creams?”

“Anything for my little niece!”

We finally get our ice creams and eat them. After we have finished we have a bit of banter and Razz and Ty get into a heated discussion about ice lollies and ice cream. My head is starting to throb so I gather my belongings and tell them goodbye like usual they beg me to stay but I say no.