CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

I was packing my bag and getting ready to head out the office when my phone rang, I pulled it out my pocket and clicked answer "hey babe are you ready to go?" I smiled at the sound of Tate's voice coming through the speakers.

"Yeah I nearly am, I'll be down in a bit."

"Okay see you then." the line went dead and I smiled to myself as I continued to pack my stuff away.

I can't believe he had actually come to pick me up, but then again why wouldn't he after he basically tortured me into allowing him to drop me off, i chuckled at the memory of him just throwing me on the bed and tickling the life out of me until I told him yes, I'll know not to tell him no again or he just make me pee my skin as I almost did this morning.

"Glad to see you and Dion still going strong." my head snapped up and I looked at Mr.Pitch who was standing by the door with his suitcase in his hand, I frowned a little at the mention of her name, going strong, yeah right, we haven't even talked since the last time we saw each other, in fact she hasn't even crossed my mind till now and I was very content with that, so to say I was a little pissed after finally thinking of her and what she and my brother did to me was an understatement "it's really good to know that young couples can still last long." I bit my tongue to not say anything about it and just gave him a short nod before we headed out the office.

I got in the elevator after him and pressed the lobby button "did I tell you that my youngest daughter recently broke up with her boyfriend because he kept missing out on dates they had planned and she just dropped by his office unexpectedly to find him face battling some short blonde girl that, in her words "looked as if she just crawled out a rat infested thrift store" so to say she was upset was the understatement of the year and really has me considering getting her into an arranged marriage." I shook my head at him.

"She's like twenty or something, she'll get over him and then she'll find someone who's better than him and also meets daddy's expectations, so leave her be and let her do things her own way and arranged marriages will not make her happy, she'll just end up plotting you an early funeral." he let out a laugh at that.

"You just might be right and I already have a lot of people planning that, no need to have one of my babies joining the crew, anyways good night Asher see you Monday."

"See you Monday." we nodded to each other before I got out the elevator and headed through the lobby to get outside and see a black rover waiting for me, I walked down the steps and the window lowered to show Tate smiling at me, I quickly walked around and got in the car before he drove off.

"How was work today?" he asked placing his hand on mine before lifting it to his lips and placing a kiss on it.

"It's was goo, we got a lot of work done today so Monday will be pretty relaxed and you?"

"It went well a lot of meetings to go to and people to avoid so I can't wait to get home and hold you in my arm's as we drift off to sleep." I nodded and squeezed his hand, and just stared out the windows we headed home, not too long later we pulled up into the driveway and I was about to get out when Tate just yanked me back into the car, I let out a yelp but he covered my mouth muffling it, my eyes widened and I stared up at him as he seemed to bee looking straight through the walls of our house "stay here, someone's inside there and I don't want you getting hurt, I'll come get you in a bit, so stay quiet." I nodded and he leaned down pressing his lips to my head before he released me and jumped out the rover.

I watched as he went into the house after using the key to unlock the door, I just sat there staring at the now closed door, I tried listening but could nothing but the sounds of the night, I sat there for a good while before I got so impatient and checked my watch to see it had been more than twenty minutes.

I slowly got out the rover and slowly walked up the driveway to the front of the house, I checked to see if the door was locked and when it wasn't I turned the nob and headed inside, I slipped out my shoes to walk quieter and headed down the hall passing the kitchen and going to the den, I peeped around the corner to see Tate standing facing a woman who had a frown on her face and her arms were folded over her chest, she stood tall in a Greek styled gold gown that ran past her feet pooling on the gown, her black hair that matched his was pulled into a braid that she had thrown over her shoulder and they seemed t be exchanging words in a language that I couldn't understand.

The woman let out a sigh and continued to speak to him, I heard Tate let out a growl and seemed to be trying really hard not to yell, weather it was for me not to hear or what other reason it didn't seem like it would last for long, the woman cut him off and spoke really hard, making him sneer something and she threw her hands in the air rolling her eyes before she rolled her eyes at him, that seemed to piss him off and he snarled something in that strange language to her, her eyes widened as if she was shocked and she was just about to say something to him, when her eyes snapped to my direction and I pulled back hoping she didn't notice me.

I felt a hot breath on me and turned to see a tall man standing there in an all black suit glaring down at me, I turned to look at him and saw that he was an older version of Tate only thing he had dark brown hair, but his aquamarine eyes pinned me with a glare that had me stepping away from him as he walked up to me, he yelled something at me that had me me screaming and falling back not knowing that my head was about to connect with the glass table as I tried to reach for him, he reached for me just as I felt the impact and heard a loud crash, it was as if my head just exploded and I quickly grabbed at it after screaming out from pain, my vision started to blur and my head tilted to the side, making the worried expression that Tate wore as he rushed to me the last thing I saw before everything went black.