Chapter 1:Why me?

Click Clack Click Clack 

I sauntered into the school lobby ignoring the jealous stares of some schoolmates.I mean, who could blame them?My father owns this 'elite' high school and as the next owner of this school(and the whole T&H conglomerate ) its only natural that I,Althea Truest get some 'special' privileges.One of those privileges include not wearing those common uniforms.

My father,Raye Truest,the president of T&H conglomerate is a very idealistic person. He believes that no matter who we are or how much money we have we should always have trust and be honest( that is what the t&h stand for).And to attain that we should all stand together. The T&H high has uniforms to bring about 'equality' among ourselves. This is something that has been passed down from my great-great-grand parent's times.

You ask how I managed to escape those uniforms? Well, since I'm my parent's only child all I have to do is frown for them  to get me what I want. People call this pampering but I call this true love.

"Hey,Al"

"Hi!"

I walked toward my locker as I greeted my 'best friend',Fray.We were childhood friends but she is more like a lackey to me now.She is not that bad-looking so I guess it doesn't hurt Me to hang out with her after all our families  have been friends since...forever.She as my companion is also excused to wear normal clothes but for some reason she often wears those shitty uniforms.

"You look as amazing as always", she said giving me thumbs up.Come on!YOU think I wouldn't know how I look? It still baffles me even though I hear it literally like everyday.I just shot a smirk her. Both of us headed down to the class room which we shared with the other students from somewhat rich families.Soon enough there were the creeps hovering over me trying to get into my good graces.

Thank God,the bell rang! I would have burst if not.The first class was English and as usual Mr.Ed spouted some boring stuff. When my Cartier struck ten i.e, ten minutes before the end of class I walked out not even caring to say anything and sure enough Mr.Ed didn't mind it either. It is my regular routine to just attend the first period( I would get my attendance if I just manage to do that). Anyways I grabbed my keys and headed out to the parking lot, where my red Ferrari was. I hopped in, adjusted my makeup and checked my Cartier for the thousandth time.

She sure is taking her time..How long does she plan on taking to come here today?Class should've ended by now.Whats with her nowadays?Wasn't she the one to suggest eating breakfast at that new restaurant called 'Little Italy'?Is she avoiding me now?Pfft! There is no way she would avoid me when her family needs the support of my father's company so much! But where is she anyway? 

*Beep* *Beep*

I checked my phone to see that she has sent me a message.

Sorry,Al. Can't do it today.Have to finish this project I've been working on( you know that business deals one)Hope you understand.See ya at the party later.

-Fray

XXX

What?Did she just say that she is not coming?You are sooo in trouble when i see you next time,Fray Penber. Way to spoil my mood early in the morning! Now that i'm in a bad mood i might as well go shopping for some dresses ,I decided.I drove to the newly opened luxury complex owned by our rival.A nice chance to check whether it is as good as ours.

Mm...Looks decent,I must say.I entered one of the stores and picked out some outfits which I knew would suit me.Now, next stop was for bags.I chose this metallic pink Burberry bag to go on with the cocktail dress which i decided i will be wearing for the party.I payed for everything with my platinum Amex. I looked at my Cartier to find out that it was already half past three. Time sure flies while shopping. One of those attendants carried my purchases to my car and I sped off to home.