thirteen

Chapter 13

"Shall I have this dance with you?" A hand was given out to me.

I left the little elvish girls play with the flowers and threads. They were now sitting in a broken circle because I took his hand and stood up.

I was walking away from the cafe with glimpses of memories coming back.

"Since when did you learn to dance like this?" Dash pressed one of hands on my shoulder while the other held onto my hand. He was moving us so fast to the song.

"It just came to me naturally one day because you know I do everything perfectly."

"Oh, really? I seem to recall when we were eight years of age and there was this one time a dance came around." His head fell to the ground, smiling. "Hey, you were stepping on my toes, mister."

I grabbed my hair with my hands. A headache was forming very painfully. I stopped in an alley resting against a wall. I fell to the floor slowly holding my head. I tried covering my ears with my hands to hide the sounds of people talking, the sounds of cars honking and screeching, and sounds of my loud and horrible breathing.

The music was booming. Dash and I were laughing and dancing. When a song ended, we finished with a small and slight kiss. "You are so lovely," he said right after holding one hand behind my neck. I blushed seconds later to which he smirked articulately. And then he dipped me to leave me gasping.

I walked fast and sat down on a bench somewhere. My hands gripped tightly at the wood below me.

"Isn't she just the most adorable thing youv'e ever seen?"

Dash brought me table where all his friends were sitting and talking. Taking a place beside him, he had a arm over me to declare I was his and I was. But that did't stop the boy next to me to push a strand of my blonde hair behind him. I smiled to the blue-eyed boy before Dash gave him a stern look.

I hit my head multiple times with my hands trying desperately to let go of the pain. "Stop it, Ivory!" I didn't see Dash stand in front of me until he took ahold of my arms.

He finally let go of my arms when I calmed down. "What do want?" I said once he was sitting next to me on the bench.

"Like I was saying, but there's a chance you wouldn't have heard me, I'm sorry." I didn't say anything to let him know to continue. "I'm sorry I said all of those thing . . ." He had his head held down. "I didn't mean to bring all those things to you. I mean you probably learning all of those barely. I should have said little things here and there, not all at once."

"All I wanted to know was why you didn't tell me. That's all." I looked at him, trying to figure him out but it just left me guessing.

"I remember you kissing me . . ." Involuntary, I slowly dragged my fingertips to his delicate lips. He flinched as he took my hand.

"You remember that?" He asked and I answered with a nod.

"Why did you pretend that you didn't know me? Why - when I first saw you - why did you let me believe that you were a stranger?

I waited for awile before he came up with, "I thought I was going to forget but I didn't. And then, by a coincedience, we crossed paths. A part of me wanted to believe that I would be the exception, that you would remember. But . . . ."

I nodded to what he was trying to get at.

"I wanted to tell you up front about us,' he said. "You don't know how hard it was to keep it a secret. But it had to be that way."

It was silent, where hasty minutes turned into devastating hours. I remembered something else.

"What's wrong?"

"I needed to go into hiding, right? I needed to erase every part of me that ever existed."

"Yes."

"I could pick any story I wanted to give myself?" He nodded. "Then why this one? It's not possible. I refuse to believe that out of all the scenarios I could have chose from I created a sadistic, psychopathic man for my father."

Now, I was standing. I had my back turned on Dash to hide my tears from him. I didn't hear or see him stand but I felt his hand on my shoulder.

I faced him. He could see my tears falling down my cheek like a little waterfall. He wiped them with his fingers. Instead of him saying anything, Dash hugged me. That was before I fell limp his arms going into a very sleepy slumber.