twenty

•••••

•••••

"Kelsey! I've missed you so much." Talia smiled as she wrapped her arms around the girl.

They ran into each other in the parking lot outside of one of their favorite stores. Tom was with Talia because they were hanging out that day.

"Thanks for telling Harrison to ask me out." Kelsey blurted.

Talia clapped, "Aw, yay! He didn't chicken out."

"No, he didn't. The date was amazing too." she softly smiled.

The brunette squeezed the hand of the red head, "You're invited to our annual Christmas party. Get Haz to give you all the details."

"I will! Thanks for inviting me." Kelsey waved before heading into the store that Talia and Tom had just left.

•••••

"I'm so nervous."

Talia chuckled at Harrison as he paced her house, "Why?"

"Because Kelsey is coming over here! Everyone is gonna meet her." he shoved his hands through his hair.

Tom showed up by Talia's side, "Haz, literally all of our families have already met her and they love her."

"But not when her and I were dating!"

Talia just shook her head as she adjusted the dress she had put on for the Christmas party, "Relax."

The three friends were in the living room of Talia's house while their families were in the dining room chatting away.

"Hey, guys." a small voice said from the doorway.

Harrison was the first to turn around, "Kelsey!"

Before Talia could go greet the red head, she was whisked off by her best friend. Tom had hold of one of her hands and was leading her out the back door.

"Where are you taking me?" Talia asked.

Tom chuckled, "Be patient, Tallie."

A few moments later, Talia recognized where they were. Tom had taken Talia to what they called "our place" it was a spot out by a pond they had found back when they were only 10. No one else knew about this spot outside of the two of them.

"Why are we here?" Talia asked, now whispering.

Tom smiled as he looked at the girl in front of him, "I wanted to give you your present in private."

He handed Talia a small velvet box. She carefully opened it to find a necklace. The pendant was a diamond lined letter "T".

"Tom..." Talia breathed out.

He softly smiled, "It's for Talia... or Tom... or both."

"It's beautiful." Talia smiled as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Tom took the necklace from her and hooked it around her neck, "There's kind of a question that goes along with it."

"What's the question?" Talia asked as she turned around to look at him.

Tom took a deep breath as he smiled brightly at his best friend that he had so deeply fallen in love with.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

SURPRISE!
This is actually the final
chapter of Skinny Love.
Thank you to everyone
for your continuous support.
Don't worry!
There will be an epilogue:)