Chapter 14

"I'm listening." Harry told the real estate agent that sat across from him at this massive oak desk with little to nothing on it.

He was naturally speaking a lie to the balding, well-dressed professional because every two seconds his troubled eyes would dart to where Louis was standing at the vast window looking out at God knows what. The Dominus hadn't heard a word from him ever since they stepped into this office and it bothered him. Louis had greeted the agent and stood by the panoramic view rather than take a seat, a hand braced over his covered baby bump.

"As you can see, Mr. St- uh- Dominus. The owners of the complex where you'll be living are happy to have furnishings put in before you arrive." Mr. Spencer Larsson informed Louis' mate.

Louis himself coughed to cover his giggle and thankfully the glass didn't capture a decent reflection of him. Another facet of the city life that Harry disagreed with - hated rather - is that everyone is addressed by their names. Where they come from, a Dominus is called such as a sign of respect. It's an old tradition but customary nonetheless.

Harry knew by this suspicious laughter turned poorly performed foe cough that his mate is not upset, only currently pretentious.

"They would?" Harry was surprised by this gesture of kindness.

"Yes." Larsson replied with a confident nod, opening up the folder on their future home to hand Harry a card. "You can speak to them yourself."

"I think I will." Harry said ponderously, getting up from his seat. "However it will be to tell them that their kindness is for naught. My mate and I will be sending our own belongings up to Olympia."

Their meeting ends shortly after that. Larsson gives them the folder containing basic information and photographs of the apartment they'll be moving into. It's promised to have three bedrooms all as en-suites and a kitchen Louis' most excited for. There's going to be a cosy fireplace for the winter and never-ending windows for the summer.

"How are you feeling, haud mirum?" Harry asks once they're out of the office block and he's walking with Louis back to their hotel. It's a short distance and Louis insisted they leave the car at the hotel.

"Great." Louis chirped, swinging the unit of where their hands are connected a little.

Harry stopped short to pull his mate closer to his chest and sets his fringe, brushing the cherry-scented locks of hair back over his eyes after purposely covering them. Louis pouts and Harry kisses that concern away in the middle of the sidewalk. The Dominus displays his adoration for his mate by pecking his forehead and not letting Louis shrug him off.

"You push me away too often now, my lover." He observes when they're back on the path again, keeping Louis near and ahead of him. "Why is that?"

"I-I don't know." Louis shrugs and apologetically bows his head to look at his shoes. "Baby doesn't like lots of contact, I think."

"Don't worry, haud mirum. I fully intend to convince Baby that I'm the exception." Harry loves to see Louis' smile so wide that it brightens all his features and brings the kindest crinkles to the corners of his eyes.

An ice cream parlour is on their way back and Louis stops his Dominus forcefully to get a sugar cone of bubblegum and chocolate. The two scoops are heavy and Harry has no faith that Louis will survive in carrying them so when it starts to drip, he takes over.

"That's mine." Louis protests when Harry steals his treat just a few feet from the glass lobby entrance of their hotel.

Harry smirks at his mate the way he does when he's been preparing a reply all his life. "And you're mine so that fixes that."