Chapter 9

"Sorry about yesterday, please don't be mad, please? I seriously didn't know that was going to happen. Have a good day. And I'm sorry if I hurt you in any way.

Love you." That's what the text In my phone says. Obviously it's from Jai. My head hurts not too bad though, I get up to drink some tylenol. My breath stinks from last night. Last night, wow it was so Terrible I can't even think about it or I'll burst into tears. The fact that Harry spoke to me. What exactly did he mean when he said, "If only you knew." And when I bumped into Niall. The way he was looking at me, like I was some sort of unknown species. He didn't even talked to me. I stumble but finally get to the sink. My stomach feels upset, and the stinky breath ain't helping the situation. I grab my toothbrush and cover it with white minty toothpaste. Relief falls on me, my breath is so minty and the water makes my throat feel all weird. Finally my breath smells good. My phone buzzes and I peek my head to see my phone light up from my bed. Quickly I run to it. "Hey, need you to come here. Gotta talk to you." A text from Mr. Brantley, my boss. Oh-oh a I gotta talk to you text is never good. I groan and sigh loudly. It's Sunday, suppose to be my day off and he wants to talk to me? Of course it's about some interview. My fingers feel numb as I scroll down until I find the number I'm looking for. "Hello?" "Jai? Hey sorry, I know you're working but I had to talk to you. Sorry about last night, I got so frustrated at that lady-". "Shhh, it's okay Naina. I understand you got mad, sorry if it wasn't the night you expected." He says. Oh brother it was certainly not the night I expected. I didn't expected to see Niall nor Harry. "Its not your fault," I say scratching my neck. "Well, I'll be at the apartment at seven tonight. I mean if that's okay, unless you want me to sleep at my house." He says. Jai sleeping at my apartment isn't a big of a deal. No we don't have sex like people think. All we do is sleep, close to each other. Jai makes me feel protected. The bad thing it's not a relationship protection I feel, instead I feel like he's my brother protecting me.. Which is horrible! He's my BOYFRIEND for god sakes and I picture him like a brother protecting me?! "Sure Jai, you can come sleep with me. You can whenever you want to." I tell him. Even though I can't see him I know he's smiling. "Gotta go shoot a scene for a movie, love you." He says. I inhale trying to get the words out but flashbacks of Harry and Niall make it almost impossible. "Naina?" Jai says. "Love you too." I say. With that he hangs up. I drop my phone on my bed and strip down. When I walk In the bathroom and stare at my reflection. Makes me think when Harry and I .. That afternoon right after I confessed everything and he still did it. He kissed me and acted like he cared, like he actually wanted me when probably inside he was dying of disgust. I shake my head stopping the memories of him kissing my shoulders and neck. I jump into the shower. At first the water is extremely cold that makes me jump to the corner. Water. Cold. Like that rainy day when Niall found out. When he cried and I was left on the ground sobbing. I grab my head and squeezing my eyes shut. Are these memories ever going to stop haunting me? Because they haunt me day and night, night and day. When I open my eyes I realize I'm in the shower and still in the corner the water is now warm, slowly I stretch my hand to make sure the water is okay. Soon my whole body is wet from the warm water. When I'm done showering I go straight to my closet. I pick out some pants and a white shirt. It's chilly outside so I grab a coat and a black scarf that match my shoes. I grab my keys and head to the elevator. I've always hated the feeling of going up and down on an elevator. Makes me sick and dizzy. The bad thing is I stay in the eleventh floor and makes the ride longer. "Going out Ms. Alana?" Karin says with a smile. "Karin dag on it! Don't call me Ms. Call me Alana." I say. "I have too, im in my job." She says with a smirk. That's what she always says. "Ugh, my boss told me he needed to talk to me. It's suppose to be my day off but here I am going to work when I should be In my bed." I tell her. she makes a sad face making me laugh, "Aww poor Ms. Alana." She says. I smile and slide the key to her. "Don't worry I'll keep it here until you come back. And don't worry I won't give it to nobody except for you and your boyfriend." She says. I wave goodbye and walk towards the parking lot. My keys still in my sweaty palm. My hands are dry from the cold air. As I get In my car I turn on my heater. The radio blasts, "and we're back! Now how would you guys like to hear music? Yeah I hope so! Enjoy this!" Soon a song starts, it's slow and soothing I actually like it then somebody starts to sing. "I figured it out, I figured it out from from black and white." My eyes freeze as I stare at the clouds. Niall's soft voice. For some reason I don't change it I want to keep listening. "I know how it goes, I know how goes.." Liam sings next. I breath sharply. "You and I we don't want to be like them, we can make it to the end. Nothing can come between you and I. Not even the gods above can separate the two of us. No nothing can between you and I." I can feel my heart in my throat. As soon as Zayn starts to sing it gets worse then when I hear Louis sweet voice the tears spill. Finally I decide to change it. That song. Oh Alana how vulnerable you are! A song is making you cry?! Hearing Niall's voice and then Harry's.. I can't. Then Louis solo and.. Am I really crying because of this song? For some reason I change it back just in time to hear Zayn's long note. Wow, even though I despise these boys expect for Niall of course, they've got talent. Real talent.

~

"Alana! My favorite employee!" Mr. Brantley says. I smile as he reaches over for a hug. "Oh Mr. Brantley! Don't you say that now I bet you tell every employee the same thing." He laughs, "Oh Alana! I'm totally being serious you're my favorite! Always on time and you're here today when I need you even though its your day off!" He says. I sit and face him a smile on my face. I got over the whole emotional song thingy twenty minutes ago. Gee, I was sobbing like a three year old over a song, a song that touched me and made me feel gloomy. "Well I've got great news!" He says. "Great, and may I know what is it?" he smiles, "I've got you another interview. Next Friday." He says. He called me all the way over here to tell me this?! "I know I could've told you this on the phone but there's more to it, you my dear from now on will be my.. Right hand!" He says. I gasp and cover my mouth. "Really?!" I squeal, finally good news! "Yes!" He says. Being his right hand is such a good thing, I'll get more interviews, more publicity (not that I care anyways) and get a better salary. I get up and give him another hug. He is more than my boss, almost like a father I would say. Has been like my father for a year or so. "And the interview. You'll love it." He says sitting back down. I wait for him to speak and he grins, "One Direction." I stare at him and let the words sink in, my mouth goes dry and I can't swallow. Them? Again?! Face to face? Talk to them again?! All five of them?! "Sorry sir but I can't." I finally say trying to be cool. "What?" "You can give the interview to Jamie." I say fidgeting. "Jamie?! But Alana! You're more capable! Plus this is an important interview. Come on it's a great chance for you to-". "Sir I can't." I whisper. "Why?" "Because they hate me." I whisper and it hurts to say it, why? I don't know. It's just painful.