Chapter 17

(Y/n)'s POV

"(Y/n), you have grown weak. Drink," Rido said.
"Father, I'm fine-"
"Do as I say." I hesitantly sank my fangs into his neck. When I was done, he immediately sank his fangs into mine. My eyes widened.
"F-father?..." He licked his lips.
"Your blood is far richer and sweeter than those low-life Level E's..."

I looked away. He just sighed and left the room. I sat there, thinking about everything that had happened. Why did you have to do that, father?... I wondered how much they despised him...

Why did he have to gain ultimate power? Why couldn't I live a normal life away from all of this? All these questions filled my mind like a mystery that could not be solved. I lay back down and fell asleep.

~30 minutes later~

I just couldn't fall asleep again. Maybe it was because I knew that everyone was in danger... *sigh* I got up and followed my father's scent to somewhere on high ground. Lots of vampires were surrounding the Night Class students.

"Let. Them. Go."
"But-" My eyes glowed red as I glared at them. They immediately backed away and turned into dust.
"(Y/n)..." I looked at Yuki. She was holding Artemis, even though it was a hunter's weapon.
"I kept my promise."
"But..." She looked at my blood-stained clothes.
"I didn't die, did I?" I smiled at her. She just gave me a relieved smile.
"Father, please don't do this."
"Father?!" I just smiled slightly at everyone. Of course they would be surprised, nobody except Aido and Yuki here knew.
"Juri's sweet blood, I need it! I have longed for it all this time..." he exclaimed.

My eyes widened. Was Ichijou d-dead? I could no longer feel his presence. Damn it, I did not come here for someone to die protecting people from my father. But I still couldn't come to hate him. After all the things he has done for me...

"Yuki, please don't trouble yourself with this any further."
"But this is my fight. He wants me, doesn't he?!"
"I will not let you or anyone lay a finger on my father."

Yuki's eyes widened. I couldn't kill the one that had saved me. I saw Zero. His arm had grown almost uncontrollable.

"Yuki, cut me with Artemis," he ordered. Yuki hesitated and didn't look like she wanted to.
"We made a promise, didn't we? That isn't the weapon that will kill me," he said in order to persuade her.

She reluctantly cut his arm. Then the Bloody Rose started to glow and vines wrapped around the arm that was wielding it.

"This is getting interesting," Rido commented. He grabbed me and took us away.
"(Y/n)!"

Kaname was waiting for us. They were talking about something but I wasn't paying attention. Ichijou...why?! Even though I only knew him when we were children, I couldn't help but feel pained by his death.

"You're late," Kaname stated. Behind him was Zero. He was going to kill my father.
"No!"

I immediately ran in front of him. But he just pushed me to the side and took the shot instead. My eyes widened.

"(Y/n)...you will always be my precious daughter..."

I caught him. He touched my cheek and turned into dust. I cried my heart out. Why?! But I couldn't blame Zero for killing him, I didn't know who's side I was on! This hurt me more, the two I loved the most were fighting each other for their own justice.

"(Y/n)..." Yuki hugged me.
"I'm sorry about your loss," she said, looking at the sad state I was in.
"He's dead...and he won't be coming back..."
"Shhh, it's okay. Better things will happen," she reassured me.
"How can you say it like that?! My father just died!" She looked away. I understood why she wasn't so sad. He was trying to kill her. Tears fell down my cheeks.
"Yuki, we're leaving," Kaname told her.
"Okay." She stood up and left after looking at me.
"(Y/n), I'm sorry I had to kill him," Zero apologised.

I hugged him and cried into his shirt. I guess other people would say that he got punished for his crimes but in my eyes, he was a kind 'person' at heart. Or else why would he help me endure the pain that Shizuka gave me? I was the only one he was kind to, he showed his true emotions only to me.

"(Y/n), I'm sorry I made you cry." He looked really mad and upset.
"What's...wrong?"
"I made you cry...I can't forgive myself for making you cry." He wiped my tears away.
"Sorry for making you worry."
"You did nothing wrong."

After a little while of resting, we went back. Yuki and Kaname were leaving. Ruka, Cain and...Aido?!...were also going along with them. I guess Shiki and Rima were carrying on with their own lives.

I stared at them as they were making their way down the stairs. Aido noticed me looking at him. I managed to smile a little. Since they weren't that far down, he ran up and hugged me. I froze but soon hugged him back.

"I'll miss you, Aido." He looked at me with a sad expression.
"Come with us," he pleaded. I looked away.
"I'm sorry but I want to stay."
"...I understand." Tears fell down my cheeks.
"We'll come back to visit you, I promise."
"Promise?"

He nodded and held out a pinky. I smiled and 'pinky-promised' him. He gave me one last hug before going to catch up with the others. My loved ones were leaving me one by one but Zero would stay with me forever. Suddenly, someone hugged me from behind.

"Zero?"
"Don't worry, they'll be back soon," he said.
"How do you know?"
"I..."

(A/N): Cliffhanger! ...sorry, I felt like saying that, hehe