Chapter 28: Farewell

The blonde fell to her knees at the sight in front of her. She felt as the world around her shattered into a million tiny pieces, and it basically did.

In front of her was the sight of her dead friend, hanging from a rope that was tied to the ceiling fan. Brynn let out a loud, painful cry as she stood up. She grabbed a rock from the garden behind her and chucked it into the window, causing it to shatter. She crawled into the house, cutting herself from the shards of glass on the way in.

Brynn let out another loud cry as she untied the rope from her friend's, now frail neck. The blonde held Mackenzie in her arms, and brushed the brunette's hair out of her face.

"Mackenzie, why?" Brynn cried , "You had a chance." Brynn rubbed the red marks on Mackenzie's neck from where the noose pressed against her skin, hoping that there was some way to heal the scars.

The blonde knew she had to call somebody about this, because she was far from capable of handling this on her own.

Brynn pulled out her phone with Mackenzie still peacefully laying in her arms. She dialed 911, because she knew the police would be far more helpful than Mackenzie's mother.

Once the police picked up, Brynn choked up.

"Ma'am, what is your issue?," the police asked.

"M-my friend killed her s-self," Brynn said. There is a short moment of silence on the other said of the line.

"H-hello?," Brynn cries, her mascara running down her rosey cheeks. The line stays silent for about 2 more seconds.

"We will have the police there as soon as possible," the lady says, her voice slightly shakier than before , "Can I have your address?"

I nod my head, forgetting that she cannot see me. I give her my address then hang up. I throw my phone at the wall in distress.

I look down at my dead friend's frail body in my arms. I trace my finger around her facial features as a mascara stained tear drips onto her cheek. I wipe in off with my thumb. She was a beautiful girl, it was a shame that people , which I don't even think those, things, deserve to be called human, had to alter her opinion. She used to be so confident.

I let out another loud whale as I stand up. I punch a hole into my wall in anger. Mackenzie didn't deserve this. She did nothing to Chloe, or even her own sister. Mackenzie was always nice to everybody. She went out of her way to make sure everybody was happy. She put everybody above herself, and this is what she gets?

I let out a loud scream as I bunch another hole into my wall. I hear the faint sound of police sirens pull into my from yard. I go to unlock the front door so they can come in.

"Where is your friend?," they ask.

"Sh-she's in there," I cry, pointing to my room down the hall where Mackenzie's body lies.

I go to run into the room to see her, but I am restrained back.

"Ma'am you cannot go in there!," he yells.

"My friend is in there!" I cry.

"We're sorry, but you cannot go in there, it is now a crime scene!," he yells. I slap his hands off of my wrists and turn around to face him.

"My room is the crime scene? If anything, the crime scene is that damn website!" I angrily yell. I run into my room, but bump into a policeman, holding a body bag which belongs to my friend.

"W-what are you doing with her?" I cry.

"We have to take her for an autopsy," the stern man says, "now get out of the way!"

The rude man pushes me out of the way and walks out of my front door.

I collapse onto the ground in a fit of tears.

"Why?" I cry, "I should've helped her!"

I rip at my hair, wishing there was a way I could talke the last 5 hours back. If I would've taken her to the grocery store with me, if I would've taken a detour, if I didn't take so long. The difference one minute could've made. One decision.

One decision that could've saved my friend's life.

                                  +++
{I'M SORRY OKAY DONT ATTACK ME. BUT, BUT, IT GETS BETTER. EVEN THOUGH THAT DOESN'T SOUND POSSIBLE, IT WILL. PLEASE VOTE AND LEAVE FEEDBACK BECAUSE IT MEANS A LOT TO ME😜}