Chapter two

Chapter Two.
•••

"Hi Mummy!" Hattie shouted as she propelled herself into my arms.

"Hi baby!" I crouched down to her height and gave her kiss on the head as I grabbed her bags from her. "Did you have a good day?"

"Yes! I made a new friend, Amelia!" She squealed as she grasped onto my hand. "Amelia says that I can go to her house! Can I mummy please!?" She looked up at me with a big grin, a big contagious grin.

"How about you show me who Amelia is and let's go talk to her mummy and daddy." I chuckled slightly as she let out a sequel of joy before taking off across the play ground screeching Amelia's name.

"Amelia this is my mummy!" Hattie proudly presented me to a short brown haired girl who was just as exited to see Hattie again, as Hattie herself.
"Hi Amelia." I waved at the small girl who was clothed in a matching school dress to Hattie.

"Hiya!"

"Where's your mummy or daddy?" I questioned glancing round the playground for the seemingly missing parents.

"Mummy is gone and daddy is late." A frown graced my lips at her words. Gone? What does that mean? From her casual tone I was going to assume that her father being late was a regular occurrence. Amelia dropped her bags on the floor and both girls took of running around the play ground. By this time most parents had received their children and left the busy school grounds.

I stood watching the girls with a smile. They were so innocent and lively.

"Amelia!" A deep voice shouted from somewhere behind me. I spun to see who it resonated from.
A handsome brown haired man was briskly walking across the play ground towards the two oblivious children. "Amelia!" He called again.

Amelia and Hattie ran to a stop in front of the tall man before tugging him towards my direction.

His tall frame towered over my 5"6 one, even in my 4" heels. Dressed in a dark coloured suit with a vibrant red tie, he was the definition of confidence.
"Daddy can Hattie come to tea!?" Amelia and Hattie were now stood hand in hand with matching grins facing myself and Amelia's father. His striking brown eyes matched my own.

"If it's okay with Hattie's mum." Oh my, his voice is lovely. I glanced at Hattie's hopeful expression.

"Yeah it's okay with me girls." They took of running again. I turned to face the man besides me. "Hi, I'm Hattie's mum."

He held out a hand as a slight smirk appeared on his face. "Hi, I'm Garret, Amelia's dad." A blush appeared on my cheek as my hand was engulfed by his in the handshake.

"Oh- I'm Maddison, or Maddie." Realising the hand shake had definitely been going on longer than it should I dropped my hand back to my side and took a step back.

"Hattie is welcome to come to tea. In fact, you're both welcome to come If you'd like?" Garret bent and picked up Amelia's discarded school bags, before we both began walking in the direction of the girls.

A frown graced my lips, would I be able to attend tea? "I'll need to contact my assistant to see if I'm free." His eyebrows quirked up slightly but he nodded his head. I grabbed my phone out my jeans and sent a quick message to Becky asking to clear my schedule, and mentioning that I would not be returning to the office tonight. "Okay, all done. Hattie and I would love to join you and Amelia for tea."

•••

Their home was, to put it quite simply, beautiful. The 4 bed house had a modern exterior that matched the modern yet home-y interior. It was a house that looked well lived it whilst remaining extremely stylish.