Playing Possum Cont.

PART 2

-----------in the precinct--------------

"Hi, I'm Detective Kate Beckett and i want to ask you a few questions. Is that okay?" Asked the Detective , so sweetly that you could not deny her request.

"Uhh uhh sure," I managed out of my trembling body

"Okay, let's start off with the basics. Whats your name and why were you at the crime scene?" Beckett asked

"I am Kristen Check, and I was there because that was my home." I told her as calmly as possible.

The detective smiled at me. A reassuring smile, a smile that was perfect and honest and caring, "Does your mom have any enemies or people that might have a conflict with them?"

As soon as she asked me this question a million things came to my mind, but I wasn't comfortable sharing them with someone I had just met... But i got something out, "Umm yes. My parents are divorced and they do not really get a long.. Why? Who was killed?!"

Detective Beckett's smile fell when she relized she had to be the bearer of bad news, but she stated calmly, "Kristen, I'm sad to tell you this but it looks like your mother was shot and killed.."

I can't believe it

No, not me

Not them

Why not me?

The room was spinning

I was about to vomit then I relized that God chose this as their way to go so i calmed down a bit.

I asked Beckett, "Why her? My own mother?!"

Beckett's eyes were watery when she said, "I know how it feels. I lost my mother when i was around your age. But I promise that we will find this killer and punish him to death."

I went into shock realizing where would i stay?! I have no family. My father is abusive and my step-father is a drunk.. My mom was my angel. My salvation. I asked Beckett this and she said she will have to check with her boss and her partners.

Beckett was gone for what seemed like a lifetime.

End of part 2

Playing Possumजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें