"So you don't want to know why I drugged you?" He says so casually, he makes it seem as if everyone does it. I sigh deeply, my finger clenching into fists ever so slightly.

"Would it shock you if I said yes?" I mutter sardonically.

"Should I just tell you that it worked well in my favour?"

It's my turn to be shocked. In his favour...? I walked away from him. I didn't stay like he ordered me to.

"But...I'm here."

"I know."

"So, that's what you wanted?"

Jasper smiled gently, before holding his hand or to me. When he nodded toward the forest, I knew what he meant. Shelter from the sun. I can tell why he would want it, considering he is dressed as if he's going to a funeral.

But when I touch his skin, it's ice cold.

"Although I didn't expect you to fall straight into Grayson's arms, it did end up working out," Jasper muses, using the smooth gait of his to glide over to a large boulder situated underneath a large tree.

"I didn't know he would catch me," I say truthfully. What would have happened had it been Noah that caught me. Would I be in the Harmony Pack right now?

"No, I would have taken you from him," Jasper says, answering the question mulling around in my mind.

I flinch, still not used to his strange abilities.

"Speaking of strange abilities, shall I tell you about me, before I tell you why you're here. It might make a more sense," he muses.

Sense? Jasper doesn't fit into the category of sense. More like the category of paradoxical contradiction.

"Knock yourself out," I mutter, leaning back against the trunk of a tree. It feels cool against my back, which hardly makes sense with the humid air mulling around us.

"Ever heard of the myth of the Phantom Wolves?"

Straight to the point, and the air is knocked right out of my lungs. Phantom. Wolves. My worst nightmare.

I close my eyes. "When I was first kidnapped, and brought to the Vengeance Pack, they used to tell me stories of them, so I wouldn't sleep at night."

The memory I stored in the ones I wish to forget holds a lighter under my emotions. It's still rough to think about, and I can tell Jasper feels it to, by the hooded look he gives me through his mass of dark hair.

"Your perception of them?" He asks, his voice similar to the murmur of the leaves surrounding us.

"Cruel. Sadistic. Merciless. Evil." I pause, looking up to meet his eyes. "Vengeful..."

If Jasper is offended by this, he doesn't show it, as his fingers tap rhythmically on the rock he sits on.

"You're not completely wrong," he says gently, as if his own words my be hurtful. They aren't. I knew it was true, even if the fabrications made by my old Pack members were lies.

"Are you one of them?"

Jasper cringes. "Not just one of them. Their leader."

Alpha Grayson | ✔️ (Published) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें