Chapter Three

"Mum?" George furrowed his eyebrows, hand curled around the doorframe as he watched his mothers head floating in the fireplace.

"Oh, hello George love." Miss Weasley beamed, dimples forming on her cheeks as he snatched a quick glance at Felix before kneeling by the hearth.

"I'm sorry Mum, I'm rather busy at the moment-"

"Yes, well, it will only take a second anyway." She said airly as George discretely rolled his eyes and settled down upon the floor, crossing his legs as he rested his elbow on his knee, head in hand.

"What was it you wanted then?" He asked tenderly, glancing away when he heard Felix shifting under the covers. A small smirk broadened on his lips as he turned back to his Mother who gave him a knowing look.

"This might come as a bit of a shock, but, eventually, and after a lot of deliberation, Ron-"

"Proposed?" George raised a disinterested eyebrow as Mrs Weasley frowned, annoyed that she didn't have more people to tell.

"Just this minute, yes! It's a beautiful ring, real diamonds he told me-"

"So Ronnikins found a ring then." George muttered and his mother scowled.

"Don't call your brother that." She snapped huffily before she began to grin again. George smiled at her rapid mood swings. "Anyway, they told me that they're planning to have the wedding in April! I know, April! It's only a few months away! I told them it was ludicrous to have it so soon but they said they'll have it under control. I guess, what with the war only just finished and..." Mrs Weasley swallowed uncomfortably. "Freddie... leaving us... they wanted to have something to look forward to, to lighten the mood. I only wish your brother was here to see it."

"Yeah," George smiled sadly. "Me too." He sighed depressedly before stretching out his long, gangly legs whilst trying to stop his laces setting fire in the flames. "April you say? Am I invited to this wedding."

"Don't be so stupid George," She laughed, knowing he was joking but wanting to humour him. It was good to see him cracking a joke when a few months ago all he would do was sit in his old room, brooding and fondling Fred's wand in his lap."Of course you're invited! And you need to bring this girlfriend Ron has been telling me about. Felix, was it?"

George stopped fidgiting, eyes widenning slightly as he stared incredulously at the woman floating in the fire. What did she just say?

"Girlfriend?" He repeated. "Felix?" He gulped slightly as his mother began to gush.

"You never told me you had a girlfriend George! You simply must bring her over next week so we get to meet her! So, what's she like?"

"Felix?" George muttered again, still slightly shocked that Ron had been spreading rumours. He just didn't have the heart to dampen his mothers spirits, she was rarely this excited. "She's nice."

"Nice? You have a girlfriend and all you can say about her is nice?" Mrs Weasley scoffed as George's head whipped around, watching as a groggy form pulled herself upright upon the bed, hand clutched to her throbbing head.

"Mr Weasley?" Felix furrowed her eyebrows, quite unsure what she was doing in his bed.

"I've got to go Mum." He said quickly, standing upright and brushing the dirt from his pinstripe trousers before adjusting his bowtie.

"George, bring her next week! Don't forget!" Was the last thing he heard before shutting off the connection.

"You're awake then." He smirked, watching Felix as she tried to drag herself out of bed but failed miserably, dropping limply back onto the pillows.

"What happened?"

"You collapsed, remember? I'd just given you the job as well." He grinned as realisation began to wash over her.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! How long have I been out?" She said, panicking as she threw the covers off herself and attempted to sit upright.

"Only an hour or two. I carried you upstairs." Well that explained how she had gotten in his bed.

"Take the hours out of my pay! I'm so sorry, Mr Weasley, Sir, I didn't mean to-"

"Honestly Felix, don't worry about it."

"I really collapsed?" She breathed and he laughed, extending a hand which she took gladly as he pulled her upright.

"Well, I say collapsed, you sort of fainted. With the shock I guess, and you do seem a little..."

"A little what?" She said suspiciously.

"Like you haven't had a decent meal for ages..." He said, sheepishly scratching his neck as she smiled gently.

"That's what tends to happen when you live on the streets." She responded happily, pulling the door open and stepping out into the hallway. She wrinkled her nose, eyes darting across the peeling painted banisters, splintering floorboards and piles of cardboard boxes shoved into corners. "How do I get back to the shop?" She turned back to face him, expecting the same pitying look she usually got when she told people her prediciment. But what she did see surprised, and to a certain extent pleased her.

George looked genuinely in awe of her. The corners of his mouth curled into a small smile as he gazed at her with newfound adoration and respect. She certainly didn't seem like the kind of person who lived homeless. Or perhaps it was her perpetual happiness that had distracted him from the prominent ribs beneath her clothing or the patches and holes scattering the shabby fabric.

 "Mr Weasley? I really should start working-"

"I'm hungry." He said suddenly, cheerfully, clapping his hands as he headed towards the door on her right. "Aren't you hungry? I find I can never concentrate on an empty stomach, wouldn't you agree?"

"I...I guess so, Mr Weasley, Sir." She muttered as he dragged her through the door and into a surprisingly spacious kitchenette. Sleek, mahogany cupboards lined one wall along with a small breakfast bar at which he seated her before heading over to the fridge.

"What do you want? You can have anything, anything at all." He began to rummage through the fridge, dragging out a carton of eggs and a pint of milk. "Tell you what I want, an omlette. Do you want an omlette?"

Felix watched in bewildered silence as he made two omlettes, from scratch, without magic. Raising an eyebrow as he tried to flip them over she uttered a little giggle when he ended up dropping one straight onto the floor. He scowled at her for a second, causing her to stop laughing fearfully, before breaking into a broad grin and laughing hysterically.

Finally, after many eggs had been wasted, he dropped a chipped china plate ontop of her with a self-satisfied flourish and smug smile. She smiled gently at him as he sank down into the chair beside her and shoved cutlery into her hands.

"Eat." He commanded, their legs brushing as she widened her eyes and looked back down at the plate. She struggled to hide the tears at this unexpected act of kindness. Just as she was about to sample the meal, the door burst open and in pummelled a cloud of pungent perfume.

"Ooh! Omlettes! Georgie, you shouldn't have!" Aphrodite giggled, placing a manicured hand over her mouth as she grabbed Felix's plate.

"I didn't-" He began but Felix cut him off, face strangely blank apart from the slight downturn to her lips.

"I need to get back to the shop." She mumbled, rising to her feet and slipping silently over to the door. George furrowed his eyebrows, watching with a frown as her hand reached for the doorhandle.

"Felix, wait-"

"It's fine Mr Weasley. I'll see you later." And with that she left, leaving a somewhat bemused George stuck with a giggling and simpering Aphrodite who all but flung herself into his lap, perching on the edge of her chair with her legs intertwined with his. He shrugged her off with a scowl and stormed grumpily from the room, running his long fingers through his flaming hair as he exhaled loudly.