"No, you have every right to feel distraught about this. You don't have to apologize for your sadness, Maine."

"Thank you, RJ."

"Kung pwede lang sana talaga kitang yakapin ngayon, mahal."

"Then let's imagine we are in each other's arms, RJ."

"I always imagine you and me, Maine."

"I am imagining what the future holds for us,"

"Basta kasama kita, it's a good future, Maine. I will not ask for anything else."

"RJ...what if one of us dies before the other?"

"Maine, I don't want to talk about this. I don't even want to contemplate that fact."

"But it will happen sooner or later, won't it?"

"Kahit na anong mangyari, wag na wag kang mauuna sa akin, Maine. Hindi pwede."

"Bakit?"

"Kasi susundan kita agad."

"RJ..."

"I will lose all reason to live if you disappear from my life, Maine."

"Wag ganun, mahal. You promised me that you would always begin no matter what, di ba?"

"I did, but—"

"Alam mo, that's one thing I've been thinking of for a very very long time. That there's something better than a happy ending, but it's also twice as hard to achieve. Eternal beginnings, remember?"

"Maine, I don't know how I would ever find the strength to begin again if you're not with me,"

"You're stronger than you think you are, Richard Faulkerson Jr.,"

"You don't know how important you are in my life, Maine Mendoza."

"And you're important in my life too, RJ. All I'm saying is, I don't want it to be the end for you if ever I would die first,"

"Kapag nauna ka sa akin, I will still find you in our next life. And the next. And the next. And the next. Hanggang magsawa ang tadhana na agawin ka sa akin."

"If you die first, I will still love no one else as much as I love you, RJ."

"If this universe takes you away from me, then I will fight harder for you in another universe. I will be more stubborn each and every time I lose you, I promise."

"And I will not give up fighting for you too,"

"Pero Maine, please, wag kang mauuna sa akin, ha? If you do, I swear to god..."

"Swear to god what?"

" I swear to god that in our next life I will be...a dinosaur that will torment you every...every month."

"I don't know how to take that threat seriously but okay, hahaha."

"I'm happy to hear your laughter, love."

"Isn't that funny, though? Have you ever thought of whether there are alternate universes that exist out there besides our world?"

"Like different galaxies?"

"Or different time dimensions? What if we're actually just a universe within a universe, RJ? What if we're not real? Paano kung fictional characters lang pala tayo under the hands of a sadistic author?"

"Life may be a tragedy most of the time, Maine, but I promise you that I will still fall in love with you, no matter what universe we are in,"

"In a different universe, do you think you would still be a doctor?"