Chapter Seventeen (just the beginning)

as my dad, stefan, took hold of my arm and intertwined it with his, i took a deep breath and looked in the mirror for a final outfit check.

"oh no, i'm missing my tiara!" i cried.

"what does it look like?" dad asked, while looking around, his face filled with panic.

"umm, it's silver with a couple of pearls in it," i replied.

"found it!" dad exclaimed, delicately placing it onto the crown of my head. "there, perfect!"

"come on now princess - time to get married!" he continued, linking my arm once again.

-

as the tall wooden doors elegantly swung open, i walked down the aisle gracefully with my father at my side and my best friends, grace and pippa, guiding me towards my soon-to-be-husband, with my chin high up and a smile forming on my face.

as i arrived at the altar, i couldn't help but notice how my nose tingled warmly and a tear rolled down my cheek. at this point i'd let go of my father's arm and was now stood opposite chris, my bouquet of flowers in hand. i felt more excited than a six-year-old on their birthday.

-

"you look... stunning," chris said, a charming smile appearing on his face.

"yeah, you look alright too," i replied, giggling along with a few others in the room.

"so.. i had this long speech planned for the vows, and i've spent the last year or so trying to remember them (as i'm sure you all know how crappy my memory is) but i'm gonna do something pretty risky now. i'm gonna screw those vows. chris, i love you because of your incredible voice and your charming personality - your charisma (no pun intended), enthusiasm and determination. i love you for being there every time i needed you, even if i didn't necessarily want you there. i love you for your beautiful smile and your adorable lisp, but over all of those things, i love you most because you're the one who's supported me all through high school and college, and i love you even more because you make me feel like life is worth living. i wake up in the morning to your 'good morning sunshine' texts and they make me feel so happy. i'm so glad you exist. i love you," i spoke, waterfalls streaming from my eyes.

"and i love you, not only for also being there when i needed you, but for every little thing that you do - whether it's being supportive of me, or cuddling me for no reason, or making me a cup of tea. i remember, i had the biggest crush on you in high school for a few months before i asked you to be my date for courtney's party. i would stare at you all the time and smile at you and clam up whenever i spoke to you, and my feelings haven't changed since that day that we almost kissed on that bench. i still get butterflies whenever i see you. i love you too," he recited, as he realised that he too, could no longer keep his happiness inside.

-

at the reception, 'all weekend long by jack and jack' was the first song to play and it really set the tone of good vibes and having a good time. everyone was laughing, drinking and dancing like there was no tomorrow and i was happy that we were all having fun. then, what felt like only an hour later, it was 1am - which meant it was time to wrap the night.

chris got up on stage and told everyone the announcement and shortly after, we made our way outside. parked in the gateway was a white rolls royce with a ribbon attached to the front of it. i hugged my mum and dad while chris hugged his siblings and parents too, then we held hands and got inside the car. as we drove off, i waved joyously to everyone who was already waving us off and started crying tears of joy.

"this is just the beginning," chris smiled, before kissing me on the lips.

"i love you," i cried.

"i love you more," he laughed.

and as we debated about it for the next 2 hours, we drove off into the night sky and began the first chapter of our life...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG THIS IS THE END WHATTTTTT???? THIS CHAPTER MADE ME SO HAPPY THO LIKE EVEN THO I WROTE IT I'M STILL SO OVERJOYED!! I'M HAPPY BC THE ENDING IS SO LOVELY BUT I'M ALSO HAPPY BC I'VE FINALLY FINISHED THIS STORY LMAO. LIKE FR, IT'S TAKEN ABOUT A YEAR TO WRITE THIS WHOLE BOOK WTFWTFWTF? OH AND IM ILL AS WELL (when am i not ill lmao?) SO IF MY WRITING IS CRAP (i always say this wtf) THEN THE SNOT HAS CLEARLY GOTTEN TO MY BRAIN LOL BUT YEAH PLS SHARE THIS STORY, TELL YOUR FRIENDS TO READ IT AND MAKE IT SOUND LIKE A REALLY REALLY GOOD STORY EVEN THO IT'S NOT BC WE'RE ALMOST AT 1000 VIEWS SO YEAH ILY ALL, GET READY FOR MY NEXT STORY-- I CAN'T PROMISE IT'S A COLLINS FAMILY RELATED STORY BUT I CAN PROMISE IT'LL BE SOMEWHAT DECENT <3333 :)))))) :{)))))))