“Well aren’t you a peach” his sarcasm didn’t help my mood any as I growled. “My name is Cyrus, and you’re staying in my father’s territory till your mate recovers” my head snapped up in alarm.

“Recovers?” my mate was here and hurt? “What the hell are you talking about.” I stepped closer to him in intimidation.

“You don’t remember?” Cyrus frowned at me. “We’ve been waiting for you to wake up for going on three weeks now. You mate asked me to help you guys when you were on the run from those hunters. You were shot and I help heal you. We were making our way here to keep you save as you slept when we were ambushed by hunters and Levi suffered a bullet to the chest. We-” He paused then and Lakota whines ducking his head and hiding his muzzle under his paws.

“What?!” I demanded in fear as my heart dropped. He was shot in the chest? Oh god!

“We almost lost him to the silver poisoning but luckily he’s strong and pulled through.” the man told me and I felt myself being drawn towards the house. He was alive. My wolf rejoiced at the news. We both thought he was dead when we escaped out prison but how did we end up here? How did end up with him to this place?

The man came closer to me and I stepped back tensing my body in wariness. This caused him to pause and watch me carefully as I eyed him suspiciously, my heart pounded with distress at his proximity now. He was to close; I didn’t like it, not at all. I must have had a wild look in my eyes because he rose his hands up in peace and back up a few paces. His thoughtful expression changed to one of understanding.

“No one’s going to hurt you here Kyle. This is a sanctuary to those like you.” he softened his voice trying to coax the savage distrust of my wolf, he was warning me to keep our distance of others and I was alright with it. He trusts no one but Lakota at the moment since we were in the same boat; suffering the same fate till we saved one another.

When I didn’t say anything to him he looked over at the house silently with a soft look.

“Would you like to see Levi?” the tension in my body slowly dissipated at the mention of my mates name and warmth spread throughout my blood. Yes, yes I want to see him, I want to hold him, touch him reassure myself he was alive and well.

“He may be sleeping right now but he’s well for visitors.”

‘YES’ my wolf howled in joy but I back down. Not yet, even though I wanted to so badly I needed a bit of time to process what the hell has happened and why I’m missing a chunk of important details that lead me here.

“No, maybe later” was all I said to him and turned.

“Lakota” I called and walked away with the little wolf trotting behind me.

*****

After convincing Lakota to shift which took like an hour he finally gave in. We were sitting in a barn where the smell of horses was strong but in a way I kind of liked it. It was soothing so I sat in a chair already provided in the corner and wrapped Lakota’s body with a blanket I found hanging, most likely one of the horses. His brown hair was messy and hung over his forehead his strange gold eyes were restless as he watched everything at once. I didn’t blame him for being on edge; we’re in the same in that way. We didn’t trust others, in his case he likes to stay in his wolf form where he was less likely to be harm. After a few more minutes in complete silence all but the sound of stomping hooves and swishing tails I finally got Lakota to talk.

Then he told me what had happened to me and it all came back. He told me how we met that one night when he was told to bring me my food since the women were busy with something. They thought of Lakota as a loyal dog but he only did what they told him to do to stop the constant beatings. He had just turned fifteen a few days before they met, he told me how he had been locked in that place since he was ten and finally gave in to calling them his mistress but it was all a cleaver ruse and that’s when I came up with a plans to use their trust in his submission to our advantage.

A few weeks later we escaped the Syrith dungeon and made a run for it. He also told me that same day as we ran from them as they tried to follow us I slipped off a steep cliff in my desperation to flee and fell, hit my head on a rock at the bottom. He had to find a way down and drag me to safety before they found us. And from then on the moment I woke I forgot everything, who I was, what I was the only thing I remembered was my name. Even my wolf was locked away in my memory loss. Lakota had to help me survive for a whole year till we arrived in LA.

Meaning I lost two years in that retched place. I then remembered all that took place after my arrival, meeting Levi, him giving me a place to stay after the way I had treated him in the past. I hung my head at the memory of my cruelty towards my own mate. I had grown up more than I could say since last I seen Levi at the pack house and I wish I could take it all back and had just accepted him. Be brave like Liam had when he found out his mate was a male. I remember how I detested the idea of Levi being my mate, that I would never have a family and children. But now all I wanted was Levi, I needed him to reassure me that I was safe with him and ask for his forgiveness. And that was part why I was nervous to go to him right now.

Then the night of our first kiss came rushing back and I felt my heart pound harder than it ever had. His scent of apples and pines filled my senses as I relived that smoldering kiss and I felt my wolf and I both stir with arousal. I could envision his long brown hair a tussled mess and his bright brown eyes glaring at me with anger right before they glazed over with lust. His naked skin a subtle flushed pink as our bodies craved the natural mating bond. Our breath heavy and shallow like the air was fading from the confides of his apartment.

I wanted him badly that night and right now it was twice as bad. I shook my head I shouldn’t be think this kind of stuff right now, he was hurt and I was perving over him.

I watched Lakota move around uncomfortably in his human form, knowing he hated it so I let him shift back which he happily did and took off out of the barn to join a group of wolves in the distance who welcomed him with playful jumps and nips.

I guess he likes it here.

‘He’s found pack’ my wolf said and I smiled. After our ordeal with those demon women, my wolf and I had a better understand of each other and a bond that not many other were’s had. He was a friend instead of an inner animal or conscience to me. He was my savor when times were hard and I was his.

I stood then and made my way towards an encloser where a large group of horses were spread out, grazing happily at the hay piles. I leaned forwards with my arms folded over a large pole fence and watched.

Freedom, it was good to finally taste it.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You all have been dying to find out who this little pup Lakota is. Is he a werewolf is he just a regular wolf? Well Ta Da here he is! And the picture on the side is indeed our little pup. -------->