Chap 16

Cyrus------->

~Levi~

The next morning sound of footsteps woke me from my light sleep. I shot up from lying beside Kyle’s hot form and stood protectively in front of him. This was it, the hunters have found us and I was ready to tear every single one of them to shreds. Lakota made his stance beside me also and lowered his head growling dangerously towards the shadowy trees in front of us. Our bodies were tense as we waited for certain death.

Just then two figures stepped out of the foliage and I bared my teeth.

“Stop right there” I growled lowly emitting a dangerous warning to them.

The two did stop to my surprise; it was a fiery haired woman with smoldering black eyes and perfect flawless skin. She was beyond beautiful; she was dressed in a tight brown leather one piece suit with holster straps on her legs and waist with nothing in them. Her suit had weird embroidered black flame designs on them. Her feet were in black buckled knee high heeled boots. I found it weird for someone to be wearing a costume while trudging through the woods.

“Who are you” the deep voice broke the trance I was in from the woman towards the man in front of her. This guy was nowhere near decked out like the women. He was just in a pair of dark cargo pants and a tight white t-shirt under a black leather jacket and steel toed combat boots. He had blue eyes and brown hair. He was an inch or so shorter than my 6’2. This guy was the one that put me on edge, he had a hunters look to him and I growled at him again.

“I won’t let you take us without a fight” I snarled my canines extending. The guy stood his ground but watched me in confusing.

“What is wrong with you?” he asked questionably. “I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

When I made no move to back down I heard the women behind him snicker deeply.

“Well this is interesting” her voice was like rich flowing honey but there was no mistaking the hidden dark iciness cruelty within it. The man’s eyes shifted dangerously towards the ground.

“Why do I hear your voice?” he snarled at her before looking at me and his hard eyes softened a fraction.

“Can you tell me what happened?” I frowned at the two before straightening up. I just now caught on to his scent and realized it was wolf.

“You’re not hunters?” the man’s brows furrowed.

“Hunters, hell no” his gaze drifted over to Kyle. “But I see you’ve had a run in with them”

A sorrow began to corrupt me once more.

“Yes, he’s been poisoned with silver” I turned my head to gaze at my mate’s motionless body. “I don’t know if I can save him.” my voice wavered with thick emotions.

The man walked forward then, giving me a clear view of the chain he had in his hand that were connected to the woman’s hands. I frowned at this, why did he have her cuffed? Her cuffs were connected to a chain around her waist restricting her from moving her arms.

“You say he was poisoned?” the man asked nonchalantly like having a woman tied in chains was normal but I wasn’t going to let it go.

“What’s going on?” I demanded glancing from him to her. “What are you doing to her?” I demanded watching him cautiously.  He raised a brow at this before sighing.

“Let’s not play hero to things you don’t understand.” He warned me sensing my apprehension. “She’s no victim pup.”

She did look like she could handle herself in that get up.