Chapter Nineteen

Graciously Ginny

Chapter Nineteen

~~

Ginny was sure she was hallucinating now. Perhaps it was a side effect of being pregnant, but as she hung sheets out to dry with her little sister Maggie, she was sure she saw Thomas walking her way. She shook her head; he was all the way in Colorado with Reba no doubt. Her stomach had grown even more since she'd been home, and she couldn't hide the bump now.

He thoughts had often returned to her family she had left behind, she wondered if Thomas was spending time with their daughters. Did he read to them and keep up on their lessons? She missed them so much; it was as if part of her was missing.

And as much as she hated to admit it, she missed Thomas too. They all had taken a piece of her heart and now she wasn't sure she'd ever fill the emptiness she felt.

"Virginia," his voice deep and thick, came out like molasses. Her heart raced as she realized it was him. Thomas Jay was here. "I know your angry at me, but I wanted to set the record straight. I love you, only you. And I have not been unfaithful to you."

She dropped the pins in her hands still shocked beyond reason, had he come all the way out here just to apologize? Was he here to take her home? surely, she couldn't just take his word... Could she?

She knew Thomas or at least she thought she did. in her heart she knew he wouldn't have done that to her. but still her heart had broken, she felt a pain like none before.

"I know you love me too Ginny, you're just afraid." Thomas said after awhile

"Afraid of what?" she asked

"Of me, of us... You're afraid of getting your heart broken again that's why you left not because you thought I was with Reba. You knew it in your heart that I only loved you and you only loved me and that's what scared you so much. I want our family back Gin, me you and the girls and this baby we all need each other."

She was shocked at how on target he was with her feelings, she was scared. But she didn't want to admit to him that he was right not just yet anyways. She looked at him still wondering if she should really believe him or not.

She did love him with all her heart, and she was afraid of losing him somehow, but she knew that if she just walked away from her family, she could never forgive herself. She wanted to be a family, and she wanted to live happily with her husband and children no matter if it was for a day or seventy years.

She should know by now that no one was promised tomorrow. No one was perfect. She knew that for sure.

"I am sorry I didn't hear you out... it was childish of me to just leave." She said finally, she knew that she overreacted. "I love you Thomas." she said throwing her arms around his neck. He looked somewhat shocked at first but quickly recovered and hugged her back. He kissed her with the same love she felt for him, and when he pulled away, she was breathless.

"I love you too Ginny and I always will." He kissed her forehead and led her towards the house "Shall we make plans to go back home Mrs. Clayton?"

She smiled up at him "I would love to Mr. Clayton." She said with a giggle.

"Oh which reminds me" he said pulling out her cameo ring from his pocket "This belongs to you."

She smiled and allowed him to slide the ring onto her finger. She kissed him again before they made their way to her mother's house.

She felt a fool for letting so much time pass. Months had passed and she shouldn't have left her girls. She would make it up to them and to Thomas she decided as she went to tell her mother of the good news. She would miss it very much here but Colorado was her home.

** **

*3 months later*

Thomas hadn't felt this nervous... well since Lorelei was born. He stood next to Ginny holding her hand as she pushed once again. She yelled in pain pushing with all her might. The Dr cooed and soon he heard the wailing of a newborn.

"It's a girl" the Dr. announced as he wrapped the small baby into a blanket.

Ginny cried as they put the baby girl into her arms she looked to Thomas and he felt an insane amount of love for both the baby and the woman holding her. she was small, smaller than Wilhelmina and Lorelei had been. She had shirt red hair and chubby cheeks, she was beautiful and god willing took after her mother in looks.

He ran a hand over her soft locks and couldn't believe how beautiful she was. he kissed Ginny's cheek.

They had been talking about named the past 3 months Thomas Wade Clayton for a boy and Genevieve Joy Clayton for a girl.

"Our Evie," she announced looking up at him. he smiled Ginny always shortened everyone's names. She took to calling Wilhelmina to Willa and Lorelei to Lorie, and he was never called Thomas. Always Tom or Tommy.

He wouldn't have it any other way though. She had come to him broken, just as he had felt broken and together, they had been able to move past their scars and to begin again.

"Our Evie" He agreed "Her sisters are going to love her."

Ginny nodded "Bring them in"

He opened the bedroom door, both girls were sitting outside it and they both ran to Ginny's side, in awe of their new little sister.

He sat next to Ginny taking Evie in his arms as he introduced the girls to their newest family member.

"She's kind of ugly" Lorelei said causing Ginny to snort in laughter

"You were ugly too, when you were born." Thomas said with a smile "She'll get cuter."

Wilhelmina inched closer "Look at her red hair!" she said looking up to Ginny "she matches you Ma!"

Ginny leaned forward and gave both girls a kiss on their foreheads.

"What do you think Tommy?" Ginny asked, her gray eyes meeting his "You're severely outnumbered by girls now."

He laughed "I wouldn't have it any other way." He leaned forward and kissed her on the lips, receiving "Ews" from both Wilhelmina and Lorelei.

Ginny laughed and leaned on his shoulder as she looked down at Evie. He felt elated. Nothing else mattered to him but his wife and three daughters.