1 - Missing Zayn

Andrea's POV

It's been a week since I talked to Zayn and I miss him so much! So I decided to text him.

*Hey! Can you Skype?*

Moments later Zayn texted back.

*Yeah! Let me just get my laptop.*

I smiled a bit when I read his answer. I opened my laptop and went on Skype. Right when I opened the app up, it said incoming call from Zayn. When I answered I saw a really happy Zayn. I've never seen him smile this big... Something must be up.

"Hey love!" Zayn said casually.

"Hi! You seem really happy is there something you need to tell me?" I said, telling him my thoughts.

"Maybe ..."

"Tell me or I'll say it."

"Say what?"

"You know what! ... Zen"

He covered his ears with his hands singing "lalalalala" over my voice.

We both laughed at his actions.

"So what is it you need to tell me Malik?"

"Well ... You know how much I've always wanted to join the X – Factor," I nodded as he continued. "So I auditioned."

"WHAAT!? And you didn't tell me!"

"Well if I didn't get in I didn't want you to know that I failed because I would be embarrassed.”

“Why would you be embarrassed? You can tell me anything. Remember Zayn, you’re my best friend.” I gave him a reassuring smile.

“You’re right and I’m sorry for not saying. But anyways, I auditioned and… I got in!”

“WHAT!? Really!? Don’t be shitting with me!

“Yes I’m serious!”

“Well CONGRATS!” Now I was smiling big. I was really proud of him.

“So what’s up with you?!” He asked.

“Well, America is great! And, I met a girl on the flight over and she is pretty cool! Her name is Jada and we’re going to the same school. She is like obsessed with ice cream. She is kinda random at times but it’s funny! She called me a “Nigga” on the plane and I was surprised, but I let that slide.”

“Look at you miss social! Only one week in America and you already have a friend!”

“Yeah! I’m kinda proud of myself!”

“Good for you! When do you start school?”

“Tomorrow. Jada keeps telling me to be ready to meet her friends and I just say okay and smile. But truth is I’m a bit scared and nervous. Not just to meet her friends but entering school. I don’t want to be the center of attention because I’m the new girl.

“Don’t be nervous love! Her friends will love you! And I bet the school is huge so they probably won’t notice you.”

“Yeah… hopefully,” was all I can say.

“Well, I got to go it’s already 2am here and I’m a bit tired.”

Fuck! I forgot about the time difference. It’s only 6pm over here.

“Okay, bye! And congrats on your audition!”

“Thanks! Love you! Bye!”

“Love you too!” Was what ended the conversation.

The rest of the evening I just lay in bed listening to Coldplay and looking through the pictures on my phone. I smiled at all the memories I had with Zayn and it made me miss him even more. I texted Jada to get my mind off of it before the waterworks came out. I went early to bed that night.

***

The next morning I woke up to a text from Zayn.

*Hey! I know you’re nervous for today but you shouldn’t be. Your first day will be great. Promise! Just be yourself and trust me they’ll love you instantly! Text me back when you get this! Love you XoXo Gossip Girl! Hahaha*

His text made me feel a bit more confident. And it made me laugh! Seriously?! Gossip Girl? He must have been watching it lately. That loser! At least he made my morning before I got to school.

Btw. Jada's name is pronounced Jaww - Duhh. 

~ Andrea. Espi. & Jada.