"You hit me. Are you insane?" His eyes grew dark and I moved to hit him again but he grabbed my hand and pushed me back on his bed. David's body was pinning mine down to the bed, his hands holding mine above my head. 

"You want this, like this? Rough and hard?" David's words caught me off guard but I was pissed that I was under him, unable to move. 

"You wouldn't hurt me." David dropped my hands and one gripped my neck. My eyes widened and I gasped. David took the oppotunity to squeeze just a bit more and move his face closer to mine. 

"Don't you begin to think you know anything about me. Don't you pretend that you're stronger than me or have some kind of hold over me because this," He paused a moment and looked me over as if I was dirt, " This is nothing compared to what I've had in the past."

Something broke inside me then. His words were like ice and I froze. "Okay," I gasped. David squeezed a bit harder again and I grabbed at his hand, trying to make him stop. 

"You're hurting me," I tried to force out but failed. I scratched David's hand hard and his eyes left mine to look down at his hand. He looked back up to me and then released me. David took a step back and looked down at his hands. I started gasping for air and I moved off the bed. 

"Lara, I-" David spoke as I pushed myself onto the floor and away from him. 

"No, stop," I moved for the door and David moved there as well. My eyes grew wider and I stopped. "Don't hurt me, please." Tears fell down my face as I tried to will myself to move. Fear held me in place but I knew I had to move. 

"I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me. I just got so mad." David took a few steps back and turned away from me. I used that as my chance to run. Jumping to my feet I ran for the door. I didn't care if I only made it five feet from him, I wasn't going to give into my fear and I sure as hell wasn't going to let him hurt me again. 

"Lara, come back," David shouted. I reached his front door and pulled it open, throwing myself outside. I kept running but I could hear David chasing me, calling  my name. It felt like he was so close to me that his body heat was setting me on fire. 

"Just stop and let me explain," David shouted but I kept running as I the woods behind his house consumed me and my shadow. The sound of David following me started to dim but that only fueled me to run faster. I had to get away. I had to...

I tripped on something and fell, rolling down a hill and through mud. It covered my whole body but something about being dirty felt nice. A pain racked my body and I grabbed my stomach. Covering my mouth so David didn't hear my cries of pain, I continued to feel like my skin was being pealed off. I was hot and I pulled at my clothes, wanting them gone.  

I can't take the pain, but I have to. It ran through my mind over and over until what felt like hours later, the pain finally stopped. I opened my eyes and realized I could see everything around me clearly. I could smell the leaves and water that was close by. It also smelled like it was going to rain. 

I moved to stand but realized I was crouched down on my hands and knees. The wind picked up and something in the breeze caught my complete and utter attention. 

Blood. Resh blood at that. 

I took off and ran towards the smell. My body felt knew, almost like I was someone else. The more I pushed it, the better I felt. I could run faster than I thought and my hearing was amazing. I don't know what I ate or drank but Superman has nothing on me. 

"I can't believe I lost her," the man said. His voice was familiar but his blood was so alluring. I ducked down on the ground and crawled behind a fallen tree trunk. The man was sitting on a large rock, wiping his bloody nose on his shirt.