Chapter 41

I wake up next to Julee on her bed. She's snuggled against my body so cutely. I smile down at her and forget the fact that we have school. Eh, we can be late. I exhale and lay my head on hers lightly so I won't wake her.

I hear Hannah barge into the room. She turns on the light and blinds me. "GET UP! SCHOOL BITCHES!" She yells.

Julee moans and burries her face into my chest. I smile, happy she's not afraid to touch me anymore. I kiss her forehead and pat her back. "Come on, Julee."

She looks up at me, her hazel eyes tired. I smile sleepily at her, which makes her return it. We get out of bed and get ready for school. Luckily I have some extra clothes here. A Anthrax shirt and skinny jeans. Julee wears a red and black striped T shirt and black skinny jeans, along with her boots. I slip on my dirty converse and take her hand in mine.

Julee looks in the mirror and applies eyeliner over her eyes. She blinks a few times and pulls her hair into a ponytail and ties it.

We walk downstairs and wave good-bye to Hannah. We quickly run across the street and into my house so I can get my backpack, and into my car and off the school.

Alex and Holly are in the parking lot waiting for us. Julee jumps out and meets our friends. They expect a detail start on how her break went, but instead she waits for me to catch up and falls silent again.

"Julee? Why are you so quiet?" Holly asks.

"Yeah JJ! I need to know about your week home!" Alex presses, begging.

Julee looks at me for help. I bite my lip and look at Alex and Holly. "We just hung out at home. Nothing big." I manage to say.

They nod. Julee squeezes my hand as a thank you. I nod and kiss her forehead. We walk to our first period class, biology. Julee, Holly, Alex and I take our seats at the back. On the way, guys throw paper balls at Julee. She ignores them and takes her seat casually. I catch one and chunk it at the person who started it. Brendon. Ugh, he's getting on my last nerve.

"Oooh, Way's protecting his girl. That's the first." Brendon says.

I frown. "I always protect her, dickhead."

Brendon and Brian start laughing. I frown even more. "Not last week you didn't!" Brian says.

I hear a small gasp. I whip my head around to see Julee's eyes popping out. Oh my god. The rape. How do they know?

"That's right. We set it up." Brendon says.

Those... Those fuckwits! I ball up my fists and lunge at Brendon, throwing my fist at his right cheek repeatedly. I feel hands wrap around my waist, but I pull away from them. Then I feel a soft, delicate hand on my back. I stop and look up at Julee.

She gives me a shake of her head, telling me no. I look at Brendon and my fist. I slowly get off him and shake my hand. Julee pulls me in for a hug and stands on her toes to put her lips to my ear. "Thank you, though. For sticking up for me." She whispers.

I nod and kiss her cheek lightly. The teacher finally walks in and watches Julee and I walk away from the jocks. Brendon is already up and shook it off. So it looks pretty normal in here. Mr. Ruman shakes his head and puts his notebooks on his desk.

I pull my blue notebook out and rip out a sheet of paper, and pull out a pen. Julee pulls out her pen too and taps it on her desk. I write a note to her.

"Who tried to pull me off fuckwit over there?" I pass the note to the right.

I wait a few minutes before receiving it back. "Jackson. The blue haired kid over there." I look at Julee and see her pointing to the kid a few seats over. He notices us and gives us a small wave.