Chapter Thirty - The Battle of the Astronomy Tower

Start from the beginning

"You don't think Malfoy's done something, do you?" Weasley gasped. Harry shrugged his shoulders, "to protect her, I think he'd do anything."

Weasley ran a hand through his red hair. "We can check the common room" I said slowly, making a list of the places she could be. Weasley nodded, "I'll help you."

Potter disappeared, saying that he had to meet Dumbledore urgently and it couldn't wait. Left alone, Weasley followed me as I strode in the direction of the common room, pushing through crowds of milling students. It seemed as if most of Slytherin was out here - hopefully that would mean we could get Weasley into the common room without a riot.

We thundered down the steps towards the dungeons - I saw Weasley shiver as we wormed our way through the labyrinth that only a Slytherin could navigate until finally we came to the small door which led to the common room. "Viperidae" I announce, hardly waiting for the door to swing open upon hearing the password before shoving through. Weasley waits anxiously for a moment whilst I check for other students. By some miracle, the common room is empty. I beckon for him to follow me and run across the room, with Weasley quick at my heels.

I push open the door to the bedroom corridor, running and crashing instantly into a slight figure who lets out a loud gasp as she tumbles to the ground. I groan immediately as I recognise her to be Andromeda's friend Sophia, glaring as she rubs her arm which she had landed on.

"I'm so sorry" I say, pulling her to her feet before pushing past. Weasley gives her an awkward smile. "Perseus!" Sophia exclaims, her voice thick and very French sounding. "Why on Earth is there a Gryffindor in here? You could get expelled for this, both of you!"

I shot her a look "you won't tell Sophia, besides, we're looking for Andromeda."

Sophia frowned. "Who?"

I remembered that Andromeda hadn't yet told her friends, but before I could reply, Weasley announced "Juliet. Please tell me you've seen her."

Sophia thought long and hard. "Not since yesterday, although I did see Draco sneaking out of his room about 2 minutes ago. I figured he was going to meet her."

I slapped my forehead and stormed towards Andromeda's door, banging loudly on it and shouting her name. "Why does he keep calling her Andromeda?" Sophia asked Weasley. He shrugged his shoulders, "long story," he replied and helped me to punch the door. I took a deep breathe and pushed him aside, clenching my fists together and then, with all my might, taking my shoulder and slamming my entire body weight into the door.

It hurt like hell, but the hinges cracked slightly, and I moved backwards to try again.

"Oh for goodness sake" Sophia stepped in front of me and drew out her wand, pointing it at the lock and quickly chanting "Alohomora!"

The lock clicked, the door swung open, and the three of us rushed inside.

My heart lifted slightly when I saw her, lying under the covers, fast asleep. Weasley rubbed his forehead and I placed my hand on my aching shoulder.

Sophia stepped forwards, crouching down beside my sister and placing her fingers on the base of her neck, checking for her pulse. "She's alive" she mumbled, before prising Andromeda's mouth open and tentatively sniffing it.

"She's been given a Sleeping Draught" Sophia hissed, swearing as she jumped up, "and her body has been petrified. Who could have done this?"

Weasley snarled, "my money's on Malfoy."

"Is there a counter-spell?" I asked Sophia impatiently, my fear suddenly restored. Sophia rubbed her forehead as she thought before nodding. "Yes, if we can get the Full Body-Bind Curse off her, then we should be able to give her a potion to wake her up. Check those books - there has to be something in there." She gestured towards the pile of potions books in the corner, books that I recognised as my mothers. Weasley rushed towards them, searching through the titles and grabbing the first book on the pile, flipping through the pages as he searched.