The Best

Walking down the icy sidewalk, careful not to slip as you waited for a friend to meet up with you. It was odd, you hadn't seen him in five years, and any other time he'd try his best to keep on time. You wondered where he was. You turned to you left then your right, then took another step. Instantly having a sick feeling, before you slipped. Instead of falling on the hard cement, arms wrapped around your torso and pulled you close. You're face reddened, even with not knowing who your savior was.

"Surprise," A husky voice whispered into your ear.

You hadn't yet realized, that who was holding you was none other that your best friend. But that's when you froze and realized what his name was.

"M-Matthias..." You stuttered, realizing how rude you were to the boy from before. Which was him!

"Obviously, and I see you still have the scarf I gave you." He whispered yet again.

Your eyes began to water from the cold, and from before. You hadn't noticed him at all, but then again you ignored him defiantly. He must have noticed because he turned you around.

"Glad to actually see your face again!" Matthias gave you another goofy smile. How you've longed to see that again. "Are you okay?" He suddenly asked, concerned.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." You managed to squeeze out of his grip.

"Good, good, I wouldn't want you getting hurt before- Oh, yeah... I can't tell you yet." His grin suddenly turn to a devilish smile, that caught your attention greatly.

"Oh? What is this surprise?" You smirked, Matthias always tried to get you a souvenir, when he came to visit the few time he could come. It wasn't specifically anything new, but you were grateful to receive them anyways.

"Huh, I'd have to think about that."

You turned pale. His expression said it all, those sly Danish! Always trying to catch you off guard, and it always worked too!

"Come along," Matthias has hoisted you up and put you over his shoulder.

"Let go!" You waved your legs around, in attempt to make him put you down.

"I think it's time for a change,"

"What change?!" You almost yelled, almost.

"Well, I've gotten you gifts, most were from what I seen you liked. Now I found something that I like, and I want that to be my present. Whatdya say?"

I almost cried when I wrote this, so stingy, cringy and sad, my poor cinnamon bun. I failed you. ;-; but at least the reader of this horrible Denmark x Reader gets to choose. I mean so much power! *cough cough* I mean...

Luckily! :D I can make better ones, I hope. Tbh, I cringed.