Eyes are the window to the soul

Over 1000 years ago...... Katerinia is 8 and Stefan is 9.

            Katerinia Gryffindor was running around the newly constructed castle. Hogwarts, her father called it. Her deep scarlet hair flying behind her in curls. Tangled. Dressed in a simple white gown. Her low heeled shoes clacking.
          She was exploring, as she would tell her father. Many times she had gotten lost and ger father had spent a good time trying to find her. Just like he would be doing in a hours time when she missed supper.  Currently she had found her way into the dungeons. Her gown clutched in her hands to keep the bottoms from turning brown.
            A bat flew past her but she ventured on. As she rounded the corner, she bumped into a platinum blonde haired boy. Stefan Slytherin.
               "Katerinia? Why are you down here?" He asked. Squinting at her in the dull light.
                "Just exploring. WHY are you down here?" She challenged back. She was still holding her dress up.
               "Slytherin chambers are down here. The floor is clean. There is no need to be holding your gown like that." Stefan said. Leaning against the wall slightly.
               She let her dress fall. Glaring at him slightly. Taking in a deep breath, she crossed her arms over her chest. Her rather developed chest for a 8  year old. She let out a loud huff.
                 "How was i to know that. Dungeons are supposed to be dark and dirty! Honestly. Now.... Where exactly are we?" Katerinia asked.
            "About under the great hall. Would you like me to show you haw to get back?" Stefan asked.
                  She gave a nod. Then he started off down the corridor. Katerinia holding onto his tailcoat. Careful not to get lost once more. They made it to the great hall right as dinner started. Katerinia took her seat next to her father with a smile on her face.
                "Daddy! I found the dungeons today. I got lost but Stefan showed me the way back." she said after she swallowed a mouthful of food.
               "Is that so?" Godric asked his daughter. Katerinia gave another curd nod.

********present time*********.

               Katerinia felt 8 once more. Wandering around the castle as if it had been recently opened. It was midnight. She was dressed in a white nightgown that reached the bottom in neat waves. Her scarlet hair pulled down. A simple white ribbon wrapped on her wrist.
           As she walked, a small sliver flat slipper slipped from beneath the waves only to be swallowed by them once more.  Her fingers grazing the walls of the castle she once was a princess of.
            She rounded a corner only to find a group of 5th year slytherins talking to the foul Umbridge. She slipped back. Pressing her back to the wall and listening to what they were saying.
           "Mr. Malfoy, i believe you are in Professor Gryffindors Class, how was it." She asked.
              "It was rather different. She didnt ask us to pull out our wands. She actully told the history of how the unforgivables were chosen." Malfoy said. He was leaning against the wall.
          "Well than. I expect you three to get to bed. Careful not to run into any of the professors." Umbridge said before she walked off. The boys headed Katerinias way. And the moment they rounded the corner, they were met with a cross armed, Katerinia Gryffindor.
              "Draco Malfoy, we need to speak. You two, go back to the Slytherin dorm. I will deal with you in the morning. Malfoy, follow me." Katerinia said. Crabbe and Goyle stocked off while Katerinia led Malfoy back to her class. Once they were there she made him take a seat in front of her desk.
              "Malfoy, i would have expected better of you." She said. She was writing on a piece of parchment.
             Draco Malfoy, Detention Saterday

                   Then she handed it to him. " Your detention is at 5.  Now get back to your dorm. I'll be informing Snape of this." Katerinia said. Malfoy was in shock. Never had he expected to see a detention giving handled so.... Calmly.
               He left, leaving Katerinia to her thoughts. Her fingers druming against the desk before she stood up and left back to her chamber. Where she pulled back the sheets and dipped into a dream filled slumber. Much unlike the dreamless, life less sleep she had for over 1,000 years.