Come Thru

"So your last show is tomorrow night, right babe?" I look at O and feel a pang of sadness as I watch him pack the last of his clothes.  Not that he brought a lot.  He only came to visit for one night because I pretty much guilted him into it. 

His first game is in three days and I know he's anxious about it and wants to get as many workouts between now and then in, but he couldn't say no to me.  I missed him. With me touring and him training our schedules are crazy and leave little to no time for us.

"Yup," I say popping p, knowing full well that it will annoy him just a tiny bit.  It's his biggest pet peeve I found out during dinner the night before. "You sure you can't stay another night?" I say as I wrap my arms around him, my hands barely meeting on his stomach.  My man is big. 

"I can't babe, you know I would if I could."  He turns around in my arms and places a comforting kiss on my forehead.  We've only been together for a couple of months but for some reason with him I want it all.  If he were to ask me to marry him right now, my crazy ass would say yes in a heartbeat, no hesitation.

"I got something for you," he murmurs as he manouvers us closer to his bag.  He grabs an envelope and hands it to me with an eager smile on his face.  "I figured since you would be done tomorrow, maybe you'd like to come up and watch the game.  My parents will be there, they've been dying to meet you, and of course Trey will be there you know him.  That pass gives you access to pretty much everything.  When you get there my manager will meet you and take you to your seats, you can bring a friend if you want, and then we can hang afterwards.  The plane tickets are first class, I couldn't send the jet for you because it's picking up my aunt and uncle from L.A" he's rambling on, zipping up his bag, thankfully not watching my face for my reaction, because if he were to look at me right now all he would see is panic  Panic because I'm not sure I'm ready for the world to see me as the great Odell Beckham Jr's girlfriend.  Sure there's been rumors, and the occasional sightings but we've never confirmed it and I've liked it that way.  I'm not hiding us per say but I'm also keeping it close to my chest.

"So what do you think babe?" I think I'm not ready.  I think meeting your parents will be scary as fuck.  They've probably read up about me.  My rehab stint, the drugs, the long term failed relationship.

"This was so sweet of you to do babe"

"But" I can see the confusion in his eyes.  Why wouldn't I as his girlfriend want to be at his first game, after all he was at my very first concert for this tour.

"But I don't know"

"What don't you know Demi?" he grabs my hands and pulls me to him, trying to comfort me, to make me feel safe, but instead I feel boxed in, pressured to give him what he wants.  I did that once before; I gave my significant other everything he asked for.  He wanted to go public, I did it, he wanted me to talk about him to the media, so I did it, he wanted me to basically lay my heart out for everyone to see and I did it to make him happy and in the end I ended up loosing myself because of it.

"We haven't talked about making our relationship public, about bringing the media into it"

"I'm not asking you to do that babe.  I'm asking my girlfriend to come to my game, meet my parents, not do interviews. "You know what I mean"
"I honestly don't.  The way I see it, life in the limelight is hard and can get complicated but only if you allow it to.  I'm not asking the great Demi Lovato to come to my game, give a quote and leave.  I'm asking my beautiful girlfriend Demi to come to support me at my craft.  I want you there babe, I need you there."

"How about I come down and meet you the day after your game? That way you can celebrate with your family and friends and then you and I can celebrate with me privately?"  I can already see that he's going to fight me on this and unfortunately for him I don't want to give in either.