Nala

She sat on her bed, knitting a scarf. It was for the new guard since he always looked cold. It made sense since the entire cell and surrounding room was coated in ice. She wondered how much he was getting paid to guard her. Probably not enough as she was the most difficult inmate to guard. This wasn't because she liked to escape, although she would have no problem with that, but because it was freezing 24/7 in her room. She hadn't always been in solitary confinement all the time. Once a week she would visit Harley Quinn and the two would spend an hour just talking and hanging out until a new guard came and when the girls had ran toward each other to embrace, he had turned his gun on Harley since she was considered the more dangerous of the two and in order to save her friend, Nala had iced his gun. Unfortunately she had iced it a little to much and he had to have his hands amputated. It hadn't been their fault but they were still forbidden to have visits ever again. That was three months ago and now Nala spent her days making snowmen or causing flurries around her cell so it would block out the light so she could sleep. She assumed she had it pretty good since she could shower and use the toilet without a crowd watching. 

   Amanda Waller had had Nala in custody since she was eleven and had iced an entire apartment building after someone had mugged her and her grandmother as they had been leaving to get groceries. The mugger had scared her grandma so bad, she had had a heart attack. Nala had frozen the man instantly and in her grief and anger had iced the place instantly. When an elite team of twenty five people had come to collect her, she had iced several of them before they even had a chance to talk. After stopping to hear what they had to say, she iced several more in fear. In all, only five survived. 

  She had spent her days in her cell and used her powers on a daily basis but turning down requests from Waller to train with her powers so she could be a human weapon. She had been given the nickname of Black Ice by the guards and was considered harmless enough since she never hurt any of them. She had only escaped twice to run to Harley's cell for an hour and that had been it. Waller had told the guards to leave them when they had come running to her yelling that #825 had escaped. Nala had left for her cell an hour later and had locked herself in. But that had been a month ago. Now she was sitting in her cell all day, reading, crocheting or embroidering. Today, it was knitting. She was going to finish it before the day was over. And then another person would be happy. She smiled and thought about her friend as she sang softly under her breath and waited for supper.