Chapter 1

🎶I can't cry hard enough
No I can't cry hard enough
For you to hear me now🎶

"Come on, Su. We're going to miss the train" Peter Pevensie yelled over his shoulder to his "baby" sister.
"Shut up, Peter we will be fine."
This was it for them. They we're taking a train back to New York, then boarding a plane to take them back to England.
"I can't wait to see Lucy!" Peter said happily.
"What about Ed? Didn't you miss him too?"
"Sure, Su but I missed my little Lucy Lu the most"
And so, missing their siblings terribly, they boarded the train.

* * * *

Lucy Pevensie let out a sob. She had just finished reading the letter she had gotten in the mail.

"Dear Mister and Ms. Pevensie,
I regret to inform you that a tragic accident has taken place.
While on the journey home, your brother and sister were killed in a train accident. We regret having to share this unfortunate news with you- so sorry for your loss."
~TPF Train Company

Lucy let out another sob. Edmund came flying into the room.
"Lu, what's the matter?"

But the little girl could not speak because the sobs that raked her body prevented any form of speech. Edmund grabbed the note off of the table, his brow furrowed. His eyes widened with the shock and recognition of what had happened. He didn't have time to process what he had read before Eustace came barging in the room.

" what's all of the racket up here, dear cousins?" He sneered.
Eustace snatched the letter out of Edmund's hands, reading it.
"Ha! This is rich. Those idiot siblings of yours have gone and gotten themselves killed! Proves how stupid you lot are!"

Edmund sprang up quite suddenly. He pinned Eustace to the wall by his shirt.
"I swear to everything good and pure in this world, the next time you say anything against my family, you will deeply regret it."
"Ohh, I'm so scared." Eustace sneered back. "You scare me about as much as your dearly departed siblings do." And with that Eustace Scrubb spat in Edmund Pevensie's face.

Something in Edmund Orion Pevensie snapped. His dropped his miserable worm of a cousin. As Eustace tried to scramble away, Edmund pounced. Fists flying, strangled screams, and two young men trying to beat each other senseless. The sight was horrific.

"Stop!" Lucy yelled. "Ed! What would he say? You are supposed to be Just remember?"

"You know what Lu, you're right. I'm just serving our wonderful cousin here some long over due justice." Edmund spat back at his younger sister. "He obviously doesn't care about us anymore! Think about it Lucy! He should have protected Susan and Peter! He should have let us come back!"
"Ed! How can you say something so ridiculous? Of course he still cares about us. He-"
But before little Lucy could finish, Eustace once again butted in.

"Oh come on you stupid girl! Grow up! Why can't you be more like your dead sister? Logical, but dead"

"How dare you!" Edmund shrilly shrieked as he saw tears slowly gather in Lucy's eyes. "You have no right to say anything about my family. Dead or alive. Now get out!"

Edmund had finally succeeded in forcing Eustace from the room. But, his senses suddenly sharpened.
"Ed, look. Quickly." Lucy said.

But Edmund Pevensie did not a have spare moment to 'quickly look'. For, while shoving his dear cousin form the room, he knocked over a candle. And the flame had begun to spread. And oh, how quickly it spread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Ello there. I know, I know. Updates have been super slow. But I'm super busy with golf. We just went to conference and I got 7th over all! (Yes, I am very proud of that. There were a good amount of people there) I'll try to update a lot sooner. But regionals are coming so I'm not sure how soon. Dedicated to frenchtoastasylum  because she's a dime and she's always there for me. Check out her page! And I am fully aware that this is a lot of Edmund and Lucy action but, relax people! It's exposition.

Thanks again for reading. Don't forget to eat something and get some rest. Love you guys
Xoxo,
T💋