"Of course."

Not long later, Philip finds that his father is pulling the car into a long, rocky driveway,  leading to an old looking, rather decent-sized white house with a wrap-around porch.

Philip's parents don't say a word as he watches them walk into the house empty-handed, obviously expecting Philip and Martyn to bring all of the belongings into the new house by themselves.

Martyn lets out a heavy sigh as he slams the car door, also not saying anything.  For once in his life, Philip knew Martyn wasn't directly mad at him, he was mad at their parents.  He also knew that Martyn wasn't mad about that heated conversation between their parents and Philip, and how they were being completely unreasonable.  It was simply because his parents wouldn't let him attend a friend's party not far down the road from their new house.  Martyn could care less about Philip's relationship with their parents.

-

After about an hour of helping the workers bringing things from the moving van to the front door and back, Philip lugs the last of his things up the stairs to his room.  He collapsed on top of his bed after locking the door and takes in the new environment around him.

The walls were a dark blue-grey colour.  It reminded him of the faux leather seats on the bus he had to take to and from his previous school. There was a closet with white doors built into the wall and a ceiling fan, which he very much appreciated, and a white carpet.  Otherwise, the room was bare, save his bed and dresser.

He sits up and starts to strip his clothes off and get ready for bed, already tired and too exasperated with his mother to go back downstairs.  He knew that if he went anywhere near his parents at this hour, they would find something about him to complain.  Especially after the episode in the car.

But Philip really wasn't a bad kid.  He's received many comments from his teachers about how polite and well behaved he was in class, and he excels in his studies.  It's just not enough for his parents.

As Philip tosses his polo shirt into a neat pile at the corner of his room and walks back over to his wooden dresser, he notices a window just to the left of it.

Still shirtless and slightly goose-bumped, he steps toward the window and pulls the shade up to reveal the view.  Directly in front of him is an enormous oak tree, with tangled branches stretching in all directions. And even through the breezy darkness, Philip notices that the tree is right between his house and his new neighbour's, to whom Philip's family haven't introduced themselves yet.

But the thing that interests Philip the most is that the biggest branch he can see on the oak tree happens to be at the same height as the very window he's looking through, and so long he could easily touch it.

And he could swear, no matter the fact that the lonely glow of the moon that shone between the two homes was his only source of light, he could make out yet another long branch through the mountainous tangle of oak arms on the exact opposite side of the thick trunk, that extends all the way to his neighbour's windowsill.  Philip decides this must be a bedroom, as the light is still on.  He could barely make out a desk scattered with what looked like paper.

He's just about to close the shade when he sees a silhouette of about the size of a teenager, and Philip questions if this individual is around his age, since he appeared to be around his height, behind the window walk into view.

Panicked, Philip stands frozen at his open sill.

A small part of him wanted to reassure himself that whoever was in that house didn't see him staring, but an even bigger part of him knew that he was busted.

It's not like I was staring, he reminded himself.

I was simply gazing at the stars, as far as that person would be able to tell.

And then he remembers that he is still standing at the window, chest exposed, the neighbour inspecting his window now, as well.

He looks down at his bareness and immediately comes to his senses, draws down the shade and sinks down against the wall all in one swift motion.

Footsteps outside of his bedroom door break the silence, and he can no longer hear his own rapidly paced heartbeat.

He turns around tentatively to see his door open, and Martyn quickly steps in and shuts the door.

In under what seemed like five seconds, Martyn rushes past Philip, gives him a stern look, and shoves a twenty pound note in Philip's hand. Then, he lifts up the window, and without a word, climbs through the frame and onto the tree branch.

In shock, Philip rushes over to the windowsill for a better view of his brother, only too see that he's already halfway down the tree.  It only takes him a few seconds after that to hop down onto the cold grass.  And then, without looking back, he starts down the lamp-lit street at a jog.  Philip watches with his mouth hung open in awe until Martyn disappears down the next street, no longer visible.

I don't know what I just started 

Also sorry about how cliche this is.