The move

It was a hot summers day and i wanted nothing more than to just go home to my old house! I was stuck in the car with my siblings as we traveled over three states to our new home. The trip took longer than it should of. In the car was a 10 year old who couldn't sit still and had to go to the bathroom every thirty minuets and my sister and i who are twins. We are 18 years old and hated being in the same room as each other for more than five minuets. This has to be by far the worst trip ever, and there is no turning back since there is nothing to go back to!

It was about three in the evening, and we had just pulled up in the driveway at our new house three states over in oregon

    The driveway was a long driveway surrounded with trees and shrubs as we get closer to the house the front yard looked to be very 1900s era with a large pond off to the left with 2 statues in the middle of it. It looked to be two young woman standing back to back with flowers in their hands that used to be fountains that no longer worked. The house was a white with blue trim three story home that wasn't very inviting. It had that munsters kind of feelling. I thought to myself why did my mom pick this house cause it had the  look of a scary movie.

     we piled out of the car to finally be able to stretch our legs after a long drive with my mom sandra, little brother austin and my twin sister lilly. We were the kind of twins that are paternal twins. Growing up we would got confused allot by our parents and at school. It was nothing of a deal until we reached our teenage years when we turned it around and would switch with each other to play tricks on our friends and school mates. We also went as far as to help each other in school when the other one had a test they were sure to fail. Back then we always had each others backs and were closer than ever. We would even go as far as reading each others minds or finishing the others sentence. We would even feel pain when the other would get physically hurt, sometimes even emotional. Now at the age of 18, we both don't really get along anymore. I guess all those years had finally gotten to us and now were at the point of needing our individuality and own space.

     Mom starts unpacking the trunk as my sister and i head into the house with our little brother to check out the house that looked to be 100 years old and full of dust and overgrown plants surrounding it. Of Course austin takes off to explore the house as my sister calmly heads to pick her room. Me on the other hand id rather bee back at my original home. I walk up 5 steps to the porch that has a old swinging chair hung by chains then to the front doors that are very huge and arched with stained glass. The doors are already open as my little brother went through 1 minute earlier with my sister. I step into the house as im looking around with disappointment. The inside of the house is very old and dusty with furniture all covered up as if no one had lived there in a very long time.

     As im walking through the eery house that is big enough to get lost in, i seem to find myself down the hall in this very dark dreary room that looked like a office that once belonged to a man. in the room there were book cases that were on three walls and the fourth was an old fire place with a huge vintage portrait of a man. This man was sitting in a chair with the look of a very stern and mean man. This was definitely a scary looking man i thought to myself.  Just being in that room gave me Goosebumps like something bad had happened there and a feeling as if someone was watching me from the shadows. As im looking around off to the corner of the room on this old roll top desk i find this picture of this young lady dressed from the 1900s standing next to this man who was the same man above the fire place mantel. He had this evil look on his face that left me feeling uneasy. She had this look of submissiveness at his side. Who is this young lady at his side? She looked like she could be his young wife or daughter for that matter.

     The picture gave me this feeling of impending doom just looking at it. I put the picture down and turned around to head out of that dreary dark room, and right behind me was my mom. She scared the bageebies out of me. Mom wanted to know what i thought of the new house. I have always been the more out going and honest with my mother, so i shared my true feelings about being here.. I hated it and i wanted to be home in up state colorado where i was most familiar and comfortable in my own element. Mom suggested that i try and give it a chance here. As she pulled my hair back behind my ear i told her i would try and she gave me a smile then a big hug.