We make a really good team

Two years later

I never got a reply. Not that day. Not the next day. Not ever. Two years had passed since Niall had disappeared and I was sixteen years old. He would have been fifteen.

I never got to know what happened to him. I wish I had, but what the hell could I have done? It was all a silent disaster, I guess you could say. I never talked about him or said anything about it, but he was always in the back of my mind. Just sitting there, waiting for me to just cry and scream for him.

I didn't. I just kind of felt empty and confused. It all sounded so stupid. We were just stupid kids in stupid love. All so stupid. Stupid.

I didn't know what love was. But I felt different about it. About him. Not like the feeling you get when you see your favorite actor, or a family member you don't see often. Not like that kind of love.

It was kind of like when you read something in a story that keeps you one edge, and yet comfortable with the state you're in. A weird mixture of pure emotional attachment and fear of falling out of that state of comfort. But I did fall out of it. And I was just cold and quiet about it. All by myself I guess. I was still a little on edge, though. Just waiting for something to happen.

I grab my phone from the side of my bed and opened Niall's contact. I grazed my thumb over the messages from two years ago.

I'm sorry. I love you.

Reading it over made me want to cry. I scrolled down all my messages to him. Confused messages, angry, sad, and everything else.

I typed in one more thing to him, tears now silently running down my face.

I love you.

Ø-ø-Ø

Hey lmao long time no write

This is just a short thing to tell you I wasn't dead

Ok bye