"Oh, thanks," Rosie said, slightly embarrassed she forgot again. She then turned to face Severus who was writing in his beloved book.

"Are you writing in the book, Sev?" asked Rosie incredulously.

Severus looked up from his book and quill, a confused expression on his face. "Yeah, what's wrong with that?" he asked, brows furrowing.

"Nothing, I guess. It's just I don't really like writing books." Rosie shrugged, her heart hurt at the sight of him writing in the book.

Marlene scoffed, "You're just a perfectionist."

"Well, I'm only making minor modifications to some potions to make the end result better," he explained. Rosie's brow quirked when he said modifications. Guess the book isn't as perfect as they thought, she thought.

"Oh, so that's why you're always working on the potions and scribbling away when we have free time." Rosie smiled. He then nodded and showed her some of the changes.

"Do you mind if I copy some of these?" she asked.

"Not at all. After all, you're the one who got me the book," he shrugged.

"Great! Thanks."

Rosie duplicated certain pages and shoved them haphazardly in her bag — she would find them in there somewhere later.

"Marls, do you want to work on your paper now?" she asked, figuring that they might as well work on it while they had free time. The blonde nodded and stood up. After waving goodbye to Lily and Severus, the two started on a short journey to the library.

Upon their arrival, they quickly found an empty table in a quiet corner where the Charms books were. Taking a seat, Marlene pulled out her ink, a quill, and parchment, a nervous expression on her face as her hands shook nervously.

"Marls, what's wrong? This is only a paper," Rosie asked comfortingly.

"It's not that, it's just, I-I have something to tell you. I wanted to tell you and Lily, but Snape came with her and I knew that he would judge me," the blonde stammered out, her eyes closing in a state of panic. Rosie furrowed her brows, wondering what her friend had to say that was causing her to get so worked up.

"Ok, what is it?" she gave her a sincere smile, rubbing her back to help calm her down.

"I-I think I might like girls," she stumbled out. Rosie's eyes widened in surprise. She was not expecting that. "I just don't really like any guys, none of them are attractive or anything. I think that girls are more...attractive," she rambled.

Rosie's mouth dropped in shock. This was not where she expected the conversation to go. Noticing Marlene's panic from her silence, she wisened up and bit her shock away. "Oh, well, how do you know for sure?" she asked.

"I kissed a girl, and...I liked it way better than all the other guys." Marlene sighed. "It just felt so different and amazing. I can't truly describe it. . ."

"Well, I think that it's great," Rosie smiled, genuinely happy for her friend. Marlene's eyes widened in shock.

"Really? You're not weirded out or anything?" Rosie shook her head no (she wasn't one to judge people) and Marlene immediately jumped over to hug her while whispering thank you's in her ear. She eventually leaned back into her own chair and sighed contently as Rosie stood up to gather her things. 

"No! Wait! I do actually need your help with that paper."

--

"Bye Michaels! Let me know if you need any more help with Muggle Studies!" Rosie smiled, which he returned. Before she could pull him into a hug, she was dragged away by Sirius into an empty, dark corridor.