Bree and Cole

Hi, I am Bree, shy, anime loving, teenage girl, with a few friends, and one Major Crush: My Best Friend. His name is Cole. I have known Cole ever since him and I were playing on the playground in kindergarten. He flew off the swing set, and with my dumb luck, I caught him. He frequently thanked me for saving his life, and has vowed to be my best friend through thick and thin. We were a team. Little did he know, that whenever I stared in to her deep blue eyes, I got lost in them. Little did he know, that when he smiled at me, the whole world stood still. When he hugged me, I felt as if I could fly.

 When he hugged me, I felt as if I could fly

Now I am 15. Your thinking "oh, its been over ten years, she must have moved on, and found someone new". Well, you're wrong. I still have feelings for the man that I met all those years ago, and yet, he has no clue what goes on in my mind when I stare at him, while he tells me about his latest touchdown. It pains me to know that one mistake in my words could ruin a friendship.

My biggest fear: Loosing the one friend I care about most, all because of telling him the truth. With all that set aside, I get up in the morning and get ready for school. The one place I dread most, the one place anxiety gets the best of me. I throw on a sweatshirt and my favorite pair of jeans. I lace up my converse and head downstairs. On the table there is a little note. It reads: Hi honey! I had to leave early for an important meeting, and I should be back around midnight. There are honey oats in the pantry and milk on the counter. ~xoxo Mom. I grab the honey oats and milk and start eating. I hear a muffled 'Bzzzz' coming from my back pocket. It's a text from Cole. It says: Hey! Ill come to get you at 7, I have to drop Maggie off at school, then I'll get you, K? Cole always picks me up before school since my mom is always at meetings. I like the time we have together, but it's not as good as one on one time with someone you love.

'Ok' I reply. I glance at the clock. 6:54. I've got time to spare. I braid my hair and head outside to the sound of the car horn honking. I hop In the front seat. The warm air in the truck engulfs my body. I look over at Cole, but to my surprise, he is staring right back at me. He twitches before focusing on the road. Strange, I think to myself. Very strange.