Chapter 1

Zed
Panting, head aching, I woke up. Not another nightmare! This was the third time this month, they're all the same. But every time more detail. I went down to get a drink and on the way up I saw Victor. He was on his laptop, his finger moving quickly over the keys. He was probably working on a case.

Victor looked up at me, "Yes, I am working on a case."

"Stop stealing my thoughts!" I shouted back, he was smiling at me.

I wish I could just go over and slap the smile of his face. His smile turned into a grin. I sighed. I guess he heard that too.

"Can't help it, you should shield more. Oops, I forgot. Your not savant. Go upstairs and get some sleep. You'll wake up the whole house if you keep on shouting." Thanks for rubbing it in, I thought scowling at him.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Depends what it is."

"Are you sure I'm not a savant? 'Cause I keep getting these dreams and every time there's more details-" Victor held his hand up and looked me right in the eye.

"You are not a savant. Go up to your room."

I felt him exert his gift, trying to manipulate me into doing what he'd said. I tired to fight it making my shields stronger, but he was too strong, my shields fell all my defences dropped. I felt my brain doing what he'd just said and telling me that I wasn't a savant.

I went up to my room and sat on the bed with my head resting against the wall and my knees tucked up to my chest. I put my head in my hands and felt the urge to just scream as loudly as I could. I was so angry, why we're all my family lying to me? I know that I'm savant they know it to, but they won't admit it. Why won't they admit it?