Dangerous Love.

"I thought you loved me,Puddin'!"
Harley screams,as I place a gun near her temple,ready to shoot."Puddin',why are you doing this?"She says again,her voice becoming lower.I know I can't do this.I've planned to kill her since we met.I knew she would naively fall in my trap.I'm just one step away from being the king of Gotham now,since she helped me killing lots of important people, Batman included. Batsy,Batsy,Batsy.I remember her saying this after a huge fight against the,as the people of Gotham called him, superhero.Me and my boys finally killed him,and my plan succeeded.And now I'm here with a gun in my left hand,and I keep telling myself that I don't need a queen.I'm not in love.That's what I force myself to think,at least.Love makes you weak,and I'm not weak at all.I'm the strongest and the most powerful man alive,and Harley is just a girl that helped me with my conquest plan,she's nothing else.But I somehow don't want to kill her,yet I don't know why."Answer,Mr. J!"Harley whispers as I uselessly try to shoot.I loosen my grip on the gun and slowly put it away from her temple.I don't know what the hell I'm doing, actually.People always labeled me as a crazy man,but I have never,never felt like that.In this moment,for the first time,I do.I must be the biggest freak ever since I seem to don't have the strength to murder Harley.I look at her,trying to avoid her desperate glance.Why did she call me like that?She used to call me Mr.J when I was only one of her patients,when she was just a psychiatrist named Harleen Quinzel.Her calling me Mr.J brings back way too many memories,things I thought I forgot, things that make me feel like I somehow care about her.I shake my head,trying to leave the awful,unusual thought.I hug her just so I can place the gun near her temple once again,hoping that I could finally shoot and kill her."You know I'd die for you."She says,and my heart starts beating faster.I bet it's because she's holding me so tightly that I can barely breathe,that's the only reasonable explanation."You know I'd die for you,-she repeats-but why are you doing this?You told me we we're going to rule the world and..."A loud noise interrupts her.It's my gun,that just fell off of my hand.She takes two or three steps back,and she looks at me shocked.I'm shocked too,to be honest.I'm the Joker,I can kill who I want and I never regret doing it.But above all,I don't esitate when I have to murder someone,and I'm not scared, usually.But this time...It's different.I don't know why,but it is."Why did you drop the gun?"She asks,with a clearly surprised look on her face.I don't answer because,as I just said, I don't know why I did that. "Why?Just tell me!Are you okay?"Are you okay?What kind of question is that?I was about to end her life and that's what she has to ask?I roll my eyes and snort,trying to look calm."Of course I'm okay,my dear,dear Harley."I say,not too convinced."You would've already have killed me,if you were okay.I know that for sure." Damn,she's right.I'm not okay,but I won't admit that.With a fast movement,I take the gun again. "Daddy's about to kill you, dear Harley." She just nods."Months ago I told you that I would die and I would live for you,and that's still true."A stupid voice in my head keeps telling me something like "You can't kill her.If you will,you will die too,'cause she owns your heart."Is it true?It can't be."I promise I won't say another word.Kill me if you want, Puddin'."Harley says,and I can't help but drop that fucking gun again.I approach her and hug her again,this time I do this just because I feel like I need to.She wraps her arms around me,and I slowly turn my head to look at her.Before I could even realize it,I was kissing her.And in that moment,I couldn't deny what I felt anymore.I sigh,and I say the famous,dangerous words that I thought I would never say.

"I love you,Harley."As I said,I will be the king of Gotham."I love you too,Puddin'!"
And she'll be the queen,my queen.

Okay,so this is my first Joker×Harley oneshot.I have to say just a few things.The first is that I'm italian,and I hope I haven't made lots of mistakes in the OS.(If you notice them,tell me!Just try to not be rude😅)The second is that I know that Joker and Harley don't have a romantic relationship,I know that Joker abuses her but I just really wanted to give them an happy ending,since a lot of people ship them.I hope you enjoyed the story!💕