Barkley and Count VonCount

Barkley

Barkley is a full body muppet dog who appearing in many segments on the show. he was originally called Woof-Woof but the cast voted to re-name him Barkley. Barkley is playful and is not anthropomorphized like Rolf and other dog muppets although he exhibits human-like emotions he only communicates through barks, yelps and physical contact.

Barkley was supposedly Linda's dog but when Linda moved on viewers supposed that Barkley would then vanish. But Barkley still remains. A Sesame Street book revealed that Barkley is Big Bird's dog(that would explain the size. giant bird giant dog I guess.).

COUNT VON COUNT

Count Von Count is a friendly vampire-like muppet on the show. he was meant to sort of parody Count Dracula. he first appeared in a season 4 sketch in 1972 with Ernie and Bert. the trio was counting blocks.

The Count has compulsive love of counting and will count anything and everything, regardless of the size, amount or annoyance it causes muppets around him. When The Count finishes counting he laughs and announces his total. the total is usually accompanied by a clap of thunder and a flash of lightning. According to one of the many sesame street books the Count has his own personal cloud that provides the lightning and thunder.

the count lives in a cobweb infested castle along with many bats. sometimes he counts the bats. some of the bats are named such as bats Misha, Grisha. Sasha and Tattiana. He also has two other pets his cat Fattatita and his octopus Octavia. The Count also plays a Large pipe organ and a violin.

 In recent years The Count has hosted the number of the day segment at the beginning and end of the episode.

The count's most recent girlfriend is Countess von Backwards who has an obsession with counting things backwards by going 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and 0! In previous years The Count has had a long time relationship with Countess Dahling von Dahling and had a brief relationship with Lady Two.

In early sketches The Count would wave his hands to exercise hypnotic powers over the other muppets, and help his cape over the lower half of his face while moving, also an early sketch revealed he has no reflection. However the count is very fond of sunlight.

The villainous personality was dropped and The Count became a friendly non-threatening figure on the show.

The Count has been used on the show less and less as the years go on.