Lonely no more

Chapter 9

Harry had arranged with Tom, the barkeeper, to use a fireplace in one of the private rooms for Draco to Floo back to Malfoy Manor. He had paid for the trip, as he knew Lucius had left Draco stranded without any money.

They stood gazing at each other in silent; so much to say, yet they could find no words to articulate their feelings. Harry put a hand on Draco's shoulder, and squeezed lightly. "You should go now, Draco."

Draco nodded mutely, and met Harry's eyes. "Yes," He couldn't trust himself to say anything else. He stepped back, and Harry let his shoulder go.

"You will be all right," Harry assured him, an empty feeling gnawing deep inside him. He turned towards the door, not wanting Draco to see his expression. Draco studied his back silently, and took a step forward, bringing him closer to the dark haired boy.

"Harry," he struggled to keep his voice from hitching. "Thank you for everything ... ," he faltered. Harry nodded, still not looking at him. Draco touched his arm lightly. "Will you be staying here until term starts?"

Harry finally turned to face Draco and nodded mutely. They held each other's eyes for long moments. "I guess I'll see you in school, Draco," he whispered. Draco studied his face for a moment longer, before he gave Harry a hug. Harry inhaled sharply, as Draco clung to him, then his arms curved around the boy's back. They held each other for what seemed like an eternity.

"I really have to go," Draco said regretfully as they finally broke away. Harry nodded, and took a step backwards. They fingers touched a moment longer before they finally let go.

Draco stooped into the cavernous fireplace and took a handful of Floo Powder. He thought he saw Harry smile, but he couldn't be sure. He smiled even as he called out the words to transport him home.

Malfoys are always lonely ...

No.

Not anymore.

END
       ·––––––––––––––––––––––––––––·
Thank you to all the people that read my stories YOU are the reason I keep writing. Thank you and I will see you at my next story. 
Buh Bye!