Chapter 1

Just like a normal day for everyone. You wake up, get dressed, maybe eat and head off to work or school. However today wasn't so normal. You see in Ohio, scientist were able to make the first...superhuman serum. They were going to show it off and inject into a soldier. But to Riley's eyes it was dumb. 'Stupid scientist. Trying to recreate the myths of Superhumans, ha!' She thought bitterly. Indeed Riley was a smart and sometimes nice girl, she tends to think bitterly time to time. Today was one of her days to think bitterly.

She was walking down the sidewalks of Canton, trying to enjoy her "normal" life. "Oi, Riley!!" Someone shouted behind her. She jumped into the air, and whipped around, horrified. She relaxed when she saw it was just Jared. 'Damn...,' Riley thought as her cheeks became rosy pink. The sidewalks were hardly filled of people, so it is always easy for someone to shout out to someone else and scare them. So friends or family will tend to shout out to their friends or family member, to see their precious reaction and the look on their face. Jared, one of Riley's closest friends or well Riley's crush, decided to do that to her today.

Jared is quite of romantic and adventurous person. He never thinks of being romantic but everyone knows that he is. How he treats Riley, shows he does indeed have a romantic side. His adventurous side comes out when something happens that's abnormal to the town and when he's excited from hearing a myth or from when some scientist talk about how weird Canton is getting. Jared also shows his great athletic skills. He plays for the best lacrosse team in Ohio, Lightning Strikers. He plays for defense and sometimes attack. Riley however is quite a fighter and caring person. Sometimes her friends will call her 'mom' due to the fact she cares about them and worry about them. Of course her fighter side comes out when people attempt to prove her wrong, when people push her buttons and when people try to mess with her friends (not in a friendly manner). Also she isn't very athletic but she does play lacrosse for girls and she plays defense and goalie time to time. But their personalities are like a magnet. When a positive comes to close contact to a negative, they come together. Riley is like the negative, since she thinks negative most of time while not trying sound to while Jared is like the positive, helping people out and cheering up Riley when she thinks too negative (which a lot of times).

But people call that they are soulmates or meant for each other. Jared's crush is unknown to everyone while a lot of people know about Riley having a crush on Jared. So most of the time people will tease her, RIGHT in front of him. The boy gets confused and concern why Riley is blushing and acting like she is going to kill them. However people do tease Jared about their relationship status. He would just a faint blush on his face and said no about it.

You are probably wondering on how they look. Well Jared is a very tan teen, due to going outside a lot, in the blazing heat during the summer. He is eighteen years old, with no beard or mustache. He tends to wear a jacket that's mostly gray and a white shirt under it. It doesn't stop people from stopping while walking down the streets, malls and so on, from his fit body. His masculine (not too masculine though, the right amount) arms that do show off, no matter what he wears. He has a faint six pact, with four visibly showing while the two others are faint. They aren't too hard though that feels like a rock. They are in middle, mostly leaning towards the rock feeling. His legs were like what male runners legs look like. Some people say he as a butt while some people say he doesn't have a butt. He shrugs that part off his shoulders. He also wears black shorts or dark blue/gray jeans at times. Jared wears the black and white roshes (it's black with white laces and at the bottom is white with black speckles). His hair is a brown color that goes down to his neck. His eyes are dark chocolate that shine when he is interested.

Riley is well, a normal tan girl. She mostly hangs inside, writing like she's writing out of time. She is seventeen years old, with nothing abnormal. She wears a white tank top or well different color tank tops with green combat pants or navy blue shorts with holes on them. Riley's shoes are the black roshes (all of it is black) or red sneakers. Her body is in between hourglass and triangle. She however does show a faint two pact on her stomach. Her arms do show little bit of masculine but not much. Her legs were somewhat thick. She does indeed have big calves, that looks like she is fit to be a runner. She has a medium darkish brown hair. She does a hint of red dye in it but it doesn't show that well. Just like Jared she shrugs off about her butt. Riley tends to get embarrassed about it. Riley's eyes show off a brownish hazel color. They always sparkle for some odd reason.