America x Reader break England's heart Introduction

My name is Amelia Adams. But not for long. Soon I will be Amelia Kirkland, wife to Arthur Kirkland the human personification of the country England. Yes I know he's a stuffy old man with a stick shoved a bit too far up his back end, but he has a certain charm and he always makes me smile just by being himself. I've also noticed he's sweet, in his own way, he tries hard to make things romantic or comfortable, but he always puts off like it's nothing, and if you thank him he blushes to rival Antonio and Lovino's tomatoes.

There's just one thing that bothers me. Almost all his friends and the other country personifications he's happy to have me meet. All except one. He continually puts off having me meet a Mr. Alfred F. Jones, or America. And he refuses speak to me about it.

Everyone learns about the Revolutionary War in history class, what they don't know is Arthur still cries sometimes in his sleep, and calls out Alfreds name just before he wakes up.

All this and more only I know about Arthur, but I would still like to meet the source of Arthur's anxiety, the reason he's so very high strung, the man who makes it to where Arthur can't sleep at night.

I would like to meet him if only to tell him a thing or two and make him properly apologize.

Because he doesn't know, and Arthur will never freely admit it, but Arthur still misses him. And he does want things to be good again. But Arthur is more stubborn than a mule, and won't ever initiate first contact.

It's for these reasons I have been collaborating with Francis to forge a note from Arthur to Alfred, inviting him to tea and talking in three weeks time. This would place Alfreds arrival five days before Arthur's and my wedding. And if all went well and according to plan Alfred would be invited to attend.

That was the plan.

That was not what happened.

What happened broke poor Arthur's heart worse than ever before

       This is my new story it will be updated in chapters please enjoy and remember

                                                                      Carpe Diem