"I know!" Courtney shrieked.

"And if one of them is a girl we are naming her Chantel." Tate said grinning ear to ear.

My smile grew.

"Oh Tate! May would love that!"

His smile just widened.

"So where are you planning on going?" Courtney asked. "Are you gonna take a three month trip around the world?"

I smirked.

"You know I'm thinking of visiting a certain town in Utah actually."

Tate chuckled.

"Have you ran things over with mom?" He joked.

"Oh you can come stay with us! Tate and Cody added a new guest room to the house. You could have your own little space!" Courtney said clasping her hands together.

"Sounds tempting, I'll defiantly think about it." I told her.

"Well, we are going to be heading home here shortly, and it looks like you got some who badly needs to talk to you." Tate said.

I then spun on my heel and came face to face with my mother.

"Hey, Emma." She said slowly.

"Hello, mother." I said a little bit on edge.

After the whole finding the napkin letter she hide from me for two years and still not fully recovering from her forcing me to leave Cody. Our mother daughter bond -whatever we had- back in high school was gone. And as much as I felt sorry for her and for me, neither of us really tried to fix it. Because somethings just weren't worth fixing.

"I just wanted to say." She paused taking a deep breath as if this was hard for her. "That I'm proud of you. And I know I've said it many times before but I'm sorry. I know things could have turned out differently in these past three years. But because of me they turned out the way they did."

"Thank you." Was all I said. Although that thank you was truly genuine because I'm glad things went the way they did. I took the harder path not many people do. And even though I didn't quiet get the end result I wanted. I'm only 22 I still have years to come. And who knows what those years hold.

________

"Patrick Maverick?"

I asked so slowly I wasn't even sure I was actually saying the words.

The man slowly turned to face me, with a hug grin on his face.

"Well if it isn't my one and only daughter!" He said standing to his feet from the old booth and wrapping me in a hug. I was stunned at first but then hugged him back.

"Oh my gosh I'm so glad to finally meet you after all these years." I said as I fell down into the booth seat across from him.

His smile never leaving his face. His hair color was just about the same shade as mine, and his features were also similar to mine. When I was younger and asked my mother about father she wouldn't ever tell me much except for how much I reminded her of him. Now seeing him in person. Seeing how much we have in common I understand now.