Chapter 5

The next few days were really akward at school. Jay said nothing about trying to kiss me at the party and i said nothing to him about it.

One day as Simon was walking me home he said, 'Lauren we have been going out with six months now. I want to tell you something.'

'What is it Simon?', i asked.

'I think we should, you know, take our relationship to the next level', said Simon.

'You mean you want to have, um, sex?', i said.

Simon's face went as red as a tomato as he replied, 'Well, yeah.'

'Ok', i said, kissing him.

It was gonna be my first time having sex. I was kinda nervous, but i was glad i was going to do it with Simon. I loved him after all.

So we arranged that we would go out for dinner that saturday, and then we would go back to my house and do it. My parents were going to be away for the weekend. 

So the next days flew, because i was trying to sort things for Saturday. I bought champagne, and got new lingerie in La Senza.

So eventually Saturday night came. As i was getting ready to go out i got an uneasy feeling in my stomuch, like something wasn't right. I just assumed that it was nerves, and contunued to get ready. An hour later, and Simon still hadn't come to pick me up. 'Great', i thought, 'he had to be late!' Just then the doorbell rang. I rushed to open it, but when i did, Jay was standing there.

'Jay what are you doing here?', i asked, 'Simon will be here soon.'

'I have something to tell you Laur', said Jay, in a sad voice.

'Well unless it's about Simon, i'm sure it can wait until tomorrow!', i said.

'But it is about Simon!', said Jay, 'i think you had better sit down Laur'.

'It can't be that serious!', i said, 'tell me here!'

'Ok', said Jay, 'Si has been in a serious car crash. He's pretty sick in hospital'.

I just screamed. 'No!', i said, and i ran up the stairs banging my bedroom down on the way.

As i lay on my bed crying hysterically,  i just thought that this couldn't be happening.

Just then i heard a knock and the door. 'Laur, it's me. can i come in?'

I was just too upset to answer him.

The next thing i felt was Jay's arms around me.

'Lauren don't cry, Si will be ok.'

'How do you know? He might be dead by now!', i cried.

'He's not!', said Jay, 'it will be ok.'

'Tonight was supposed to be special!', i said, 'just Simon and I'.

'I know, i know', said Jay, as he rubbed my hair.

As i looked up, i saw Jay looking straight into my eyes.

Before i knew it, we were kissing. As we lay down on my bed i felt Jays breath on my neck.

'I love you Lauren', said Jay.

'Touch me', i said, as i unbuckled his belt.

In the back of my mind i knew that i was doing the wrong thing, but i didn't care.

The next morning, when i woke up i nearly died in shock. I had slept with Jay! I had lost my virginity to Jay! But i loved Simon, didn't i?

What was i going to do?