Chapter 2

~Time Skip Till Morning~
Vivi yawned as she walked downstairs. She rubbed her eyes and turned into the kitchen, greeted by Arthur, who was leaning against the countertop.

"Good morning Vivi, I got a call from Lance saying that I have to go to work today."

"Aw, that sucks!" Vivi watched as Mystery shuffled closer to Arthur and nudged the back of his leg. "Heh, looks like Mystery wants to go with you!~"

"You wouldn't mind if I brought him to work with me, right? Just for today."

"Uhh... sure I guess, I don't mind." Arthur smiled at Vivi and picked up Mystery, heading for the door.

"Be careful with your arm, Arthur."

"Don't worry. I will be."

~~~

Arthur set Mystery down in the middle seat and went to grab his laptop in the back of the van. When he returned he sat down next to Mystery, opening up the laptop.

"According to this, Lewis should still be in the mansion."

"And how far is that?" Mystery groaned.

"About two hours away."

"Ughh... I'm going back to sleep. Wake me when we get there." Mystery laid down and soon was fast asleep.

~Time Skip till They Reach The Mansion~
Mystery woke up to the sound of Arthur... crying?

"A-Arthur? Are you ok?"

"My-Mystery, do you think L-Lewis will ever forgive m-me? After all I did to him?" Mystery studied the other for a while with sympathy, eyeing his helpless expression. Finally he huffed, offering a weak smile.

"Of course he will, now stop crying and confront him or else you'll never find out."

Arthur hurriedly wiped his tears, taking in a shaky gulp of air and half-heartedly smiling back. "Thanks, Mystery."

~~~

Arthur slowly creaked open the heavy front doors of the mansion and stepped inside, waiting for Mystery to slip in behind him before shutting them again.

"This place is bigger than how I remember it..." Mystery scanned the spacious anteroom and then stared up at Arthur. "Where's Lewis...?"

"Uhm ... probably in his coffin?"

"Do you ... Do you remember where it is?"

"Um ... I think so, follow me."

Arthur and Mystery turned off into the left hall, walking cautiously past the seemingly still suits of armor and trying to keep away from the portraits lining the walls.

"This way," Arthur offered, and Mystery nodded as he passed the painting with the purple lady – the lady who had dumped them through the floor the first time. Now that he looked at her, he realised that she had a strikingly strong resemblance to a character from a kids show about ponies. A show that Vivi sometimes liked to watch.

... Oh no.

Suddenly, the painting with the purple woman came to life as if triggered by their passing, and yanked on a rope that made the floor fall away, leaving Mystery and Arthur to plummet down to the cellar below.

~~~

Sorry that it took a while to update this story, I was quite busy with school. I would just like to thank SilverLining11 again for helping me with this story, I really appreciate it.
Thanks for reading!