damon before catherine

Damon

"Shit," I whispered, trying to get up

"Shit," I whispered, trying to get up. I felt someone wrap an arm around my waist, the smell of alcohol evident from the both of us. An eye mask was laying on top of one of the pillows.

Carefully prying her fingers away, I got up and tried looking for my clothes.

It was almost ten o'clock in the morning and I still have to work on a client's car. The woman on the bed groaned and stretched, the evidence of her lack of clothes obvious when the blanket lowered a couple of inches.

I found my boxers by the door, and the remaining garments at the bottom of the stairs. After writing a quick note about how I enjoyed last night, without any memory on what the hell even happened, I left.

The moment I got into The Garage, Benjie was already inside my office with Mitchelle snoring on my couch.

"You were supposed to meet a client an hour ago," he started. He threw me the calendar on my table and shook his head. "A drink and a woman's nice every once in a while -"

I grinned, hoping to get away from the impending lecture. "I know."

He gave me a pointed look. "Every once in a while."

Mitch sat up on the couch and yawned. "You'll be dead before thirty."

I rolled my eyes and walked over to my desk, still ignoring Benjie's eyes. Opening a drawer, I pulled out a new set of clothes.

"You died at thirty one Mitch," I said matter-of-factly before entering the bathroom. I heard Mitchelle laugh as he and Benjie left me to shower in peace.

Now what was that girl's name again?

After stepping out of the shower, I dried my hair and put on my clothes, leaving my shirt for later. I needed to get a few more hours of sleep.

When I looked down on my desk, there was a white folder on top of my Time magazine.

Frowning, I sat down and placed my towel on my shoulder. What I found inside confused me even more.

It was a librarian. Maybe she's leaving this world soon. Laughing a little, I lifted the picture and leaned back. Maybe they need organized people down there, what with all the eternal punishments. Probably have the tormentors present a time card during pay day.

Catherine M. Wright.

Snorting, I looked at the other papers attached. Bottom-line was, she looked like the kind that would look out of place if she went to the places he'd been on most nights. Looking down at the other photos.

Definitely out of place.

I called in Benjie and he smiled as he looked at the photos.

"What the fuck is this?" I asked him, sliding the folder his way.