Goodbye Marceline, I hinted to myself as I made my way out of the hospital.

I have to get my head straight and myself health back up again. I have no intentions on finding another girl, only in finding a brighter future. Fuck going to school, I don’t have the skills for that shit. I’m gonna be a man that she deserved to have; a man that can defend themselves against all odds. I won’t be made a fool of ever again.

Marceline’s P O V

I love you, I hinted before I burst into tears. I was such an idiot for doing that to him, for making him feel like he had to stay with me. He didn’t have to do anything like that, all he had to do was love me. Now I feel like all I ever do is hold people back. I pull them into my life and then into my problems and before you know it, they’re stuck to me. I’ve done this to everyone in the past, especially Matthew. All I want is a friend but no one can be there for me as a whole. There’s always a catch.

But not anymore, I’m not going to let this happen anymore. I don’t want people to stay with me because they feel like they’re obligated to. I’m gonna start with Dave, he’s been a wonderful Dad to me but I too must get my shit together.

I’ll continue on with my education and my art project. I’ll try to make what’s best of my senses and keep moving. I don’t have any intentions on finding someone else to love, only to learn to love myself. I’ll keep in touch with Dave, I won’t ever forget him. I’ll visit every once in a while, and when I explain this to him, he’ll understand.

I’ll be fine . . . I’ll be fine.

I picked up my cell phone and called Dave, he must be worried sick.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Marceline, where are you?! Are you two okay? Where’s Maz?!” Dave shouted.

Dad, I’m fine. Well, I’m fine now but I’m in the hospital by Lander’s Rd.

“What?! What happened?! Never mind me, I’ll be there in five minutes!” he yelled and hung up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dave’s P O V

As I pulled into the hospital’s emergency road, I spotted a dark brown, curly haired head walking out. I squinted to clear my wonders and long behold, it was.

I honked my horn twice but he didn’t even bother to pay attention to me. Instead he plopped down on a bench and cried. What if something happened to Marceline whilst I was coming here?

I jolted out of my car and ran to him, hoping things weren’t as I seemed.

Maz, what happened to Marceline?! Why are you crying out here and not in there? Did something-

“I let her go” he sniffled, still looking down and not daring to look me in the eye.

What do you mean, you ‘let her go’?

“I broke up with her Dave, I’m sorry” more tears streamed down his face.

I wasn’t mad at him. After all, it’s not my relationship nor is it my place to decide their fate. I’ll give him an ear and hope that’ll help him but first, my daughter.

But tell me, is she at least alright? What happened?

“She lost her senses last night whilst we were on our date but she’s fine now. Well, she still can’t see too well but she can hear you and if you speak, her eyes will locate you and try to look into your eyes” his voice cracked.