o.

Teaser :

Liam //

T
he other detectives and I opened up the door to the old, rotting house as a foul smell started to fill our noses. I handed the others gloves before I slipped mine on and looked around the house for clues. The house seemed like any ordinary one with it's well kept cleanliness and family photos adorning the walls.

An eery sound echoed throughout the house with each step we took on the wooden floor. Everything just had a creepy aura to it, which honestly frightened me. It felt like something would pop out of no where and end our lives in a short second. "Sure is spooky," Richard spoke from behind me as he shone the flashlight on a picture frame.

I stepped closer to it and examined it closer. There was a picture of what seemed to be her parents, her brother, and a much younger version of her. Unlike her horrible appearance yesterday, she looked quite beautiful in this picture. Her hair was a rich shade of blonde that ran in small waves and rich, jewel green eyes. The eyes of course, were the only thing that still resembled with her older appearance.

"Liam, the smell's got to be coming from an attic of some sort. It's not on this floor," Richard spoke once again. I nodded at him so he could go send the guys to go search for it while I searched for any reasons to why she might have killed all of those innocent people. I headed down the hall and opened each door until I finally found her bedroom. I was appalled by the cheery, teenager atmosphere it had to it. It looked exactly like a tumblr room.

On one wall was pictures joined together to make a heart. Each one was with her brother in each one. He looked almost identical to her except for his icy blue eyes that seemed so haunting. I ripped one from the wall and stuffed it into a zip lock bag before going out and checking up with the boys.

_____________

My eyes widened and several gasps filled the room as we entered the attic to be met with all twenty four bodies hung from the ceiling by ropes, their eyes ripped out of their sockets. Some of them were children and some were men, but there were no women. Maybe because it was easier to lure the two in than the latter. However, it was a gory sight.

"My lord, this is so gruesome. I don't think I can be here any longer," Amy spoke from behind us. I turned around to see tears streaming down her face only to be wiped away by her coat. Sadness filled my heart to see her walls come down, when they never did.

"Everyone, Richard and I will stay up here and look for clues or evidence. The rest of you search downstairs. Amy, head to the van and wait for us there," I ordered. Everyone climbed down the stairs to leave the rest of us to explore. I headed over towards the back of the attic to find ice blue eyes stored in jars.

A gasp escaped from my lips as I noticed each pair in its jars with a number of some sort on the label. To the right of the shelves of. . . eyes. . . was a diagram of inserting eyes to some mannequin. What? I looked around for other things and stumbled into another person. "What the," I muttered as I was met with the mannequin from the diagram. It looked identical to her brother, apart from the part the eyes were missing.

The eyes, the eyes, the eyes. "Richard, you might want to come check this out. . . Richard?" I shouted as I looked around for my fellow detective. My flashlight ran out of batteries at the wrong moment as the darkness began to consume the room. Shit. The sound of the attic door closing and a scream filled my ears. I needed to get out of here as soon as possible. I am not going to die today!

I quickly pulled my camera out and snapped pictures with the help of the flash to collect for the evidence. I might be on death's door, but my job is my job and this was the only source of income and without it, there would be no food on the table. I quickly ran to the attic door and tried to open it but it was shut closed.

In all of my twenty five years, I never thought I would be afraid of the dark. Call me crazy, but I could feel the presence of another human being, alive human being. "James! Richard! Amy! Travis!" I screamed out in help. Suddenly, the lights flashed on and the attic door opened. I was met with Amy who had a warm smile on her face, looking up at me with the most intoxicating blue eyes.

"There was a power out for a while. Nice to know you stayed calm Payno," she mocked me as she pulled down the steps of the ladder. I silently let out a sigh of relief that I wasn't about to be bait for my eyes.

"Do you want to be trapped up there in the dark with dead bodies, Mrs. Payne?" I questioned as I stepped down the ladder and leaned against the steps. She let out a small chuckle as she pulled me in closer. "Have you seen Richard?" I asked as I noticed he wasn't around. Everyone else were in the living room looking around.

"No, I thought he was with you," Amy replied with a worried expression. My eyes drifted upwards to where he could possibly be but I wasn't about to go back up there. "Don't worry about him babe, he might be in the van. Let's get out of this place, it's giving me the chills," she stated as she looked around. I nodded and instructed the rest of the crew to leave and hopefully Richard will be back at the department.

_____________________
_

[a/n] Well this was the teaser for what's to come, I hope you guys enjoy it. This week I will be posting the first real chapter where it gets to Sherri and Niall in the asylum.

V O T E C O M M E N T

-amaryaa