(Chapter Twenty-Six.)

Magsimula sa umpisa

I pressed my lips together angrily, “I'm cute?” I growled out. “I'm trying to be serious and you're calling me cute?”

He chuckled and rubbed his thumb against my right cheek, “Yes. You're like an angry little puppy craving for attention and to be picked up. You wanna be the hero.”

I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away, but he planted his feet on the ground, “Ugh, you're annoying.”

“Yeah, yeah, I heard that a thousand times from you.”, he said, chuckling.

I groaned, “Because it's true!”

“Then why love me?”, he asked and I froze, my eyes widen.

He used the 'L' word! Hermes actually said the 'L' word to me—well, not to me but about him—and I stood there staring at him with no respond. I knew I loved him, I have loved him since we were children but I never expect for Hermes to say it.

It was like his pet cat Sage came up and held my tongue. I couldn't speak or move, I was in to much shock.

“You love me so much you're willing to risk your life. . .for me.”, he said and I looked away shyly, glaring at the ground. “You're acting without thinking first, Jaycee. You have to remember what would happen if something like this happens. You could break your wolf side, die, or suck in some of Lucinda craziness and start doing black magic. You're crazy enough already.”

I snorted and pushed him away seriously, but he only took a step back, “Don't make fun of me, Witch-Boy.” I said to him, my voice hard.

“Says you, Werewolf.”, he said, snorting and I glared at me.

“Werewolf is to mythical—I'm a breathing living she-wolf! Shut up.”, I growled at him, huffing out my nose heavenly.

“You're a human who can turn into a wolf. Werewolf!”, he said, chuckling. I took the steps towards him and started pushing him backwards. It didn't take much effort since I was stronger then Hermes even thought I'm shorter. He just chuckled more as I pushed him away.

He then wrapped his hands around my neck and slammed his lips down on mine. My hands quickly flew from his chest and wrapped around his neck tightly as I kissed him back. I molded my lips against his, his nose rubbing against mine. Some people would have found us gross making out on the street but I didn't care.

“Grandpa!”, I couldn't help say excitedly as I walked through my house door and saw my grandparents on the love seat. I ran over as he got up and I jumped into his arms. He lifted me off the ground and gave me a tight hug.

“Hey Monkey.”, he said as he put me down. “Oh God, I'm getting to old for that.”, he chuckled.

I kissed my grandma on the cheek and she kissed mine.

“Nice to know we're the day after left over pasta salad you don't really want again.”, Uncle Skyler said, but I noticed he looked behind me before looking down at me and hugging me.

My home may be sorta of big, but I don't think the living room was big enough for all my uncles and aunt with their wives and husband all around. It was pretty crowded and since my family has their own lives and live in different cities, I don't get to see them allot unless holidays so I had to go around kissing and hugging everyone.

Hermes has his back against the door and he gave me an awkward smile I took his hand. I could see he wasn't enjoying being in a room full of eight wolves compared to only one warlock. I wanted to ask if he could feel the magic pouring out of us if that was adding more to the nerves.