Healing Process

I hope you enjoy this book as well. It was inspired by a commenter who I listed in the descriptions. Anyway I hope this story suits your tastes as well. Hope there aren't too many tears shed in this book...lol enjoy reading and if you don't mind please vote! Thanks Muah!

************************************

Lilly's POV:

We continued to stare at one another in silence.

I didn't speak and neither did he.

I could see the faint emotion in his eyes, but he didn't say anything.

I didn't want to give up because then that would mean that he didn't have to speak first.

We both refused to acknowledge the elephant in the room no matter how much it squeezed and pulled for attention.

This is what happens when you put two stubborn people together.

I sighed.

He didn't blink but continued staring in silence.

Not an icy glare, or an annoyed glare like he gave me in the past, but this stare he gave me showed the hurt he felt.

He just refused to speak.

And that's where I fell short.

I needed to get this off of my chest, I needed help getting through this and he wasn't helping me.

I am basically burning alive and he is the only thing that can help extinguish the painful flames, but he refuses to help....because he doesn't want to talk about it.

So he gets to suffer in silence as he is probably used to, but I have to carry the weight on my own.

Thinking about the situation that occurred three months ago made my stomach nauseous.

I don't know how long I would be able to take this?

Its like walking around with a knife in you and you refuse to remove it because of the pain that would follow.

Or maybe because of the emptiness you'll feel once its been removed.

I felt a lump form in my throat as I thought about what happened.

This is my first time, and usually this moment is supposed to be the blessing of the marriage or the 'icing' on a cake.

I stood up slowly.

But apparently I was cursed.