two

Mr Firth laughed at something Miles said, and gestured for him to put his guitar down near the pianos. Alex didn't know he played guitar. After realising he was gawking, he turned to Ben to have a brief chat before the bell rang.

History had flown by, same with Maths. As soon as the bell signalled the end of the torturous subject, pupils started filing out of the classroom. Alex met with Nick as he assumed that would be the usual break time arrangement.

"Mate, I have the worst morning," Nick exclaimed.

"Same, mines pretty shite, got double Science next," Alex replied.

"Oh that sucks," Nick exclaimed, "Here comes Matt."

"Hey Al, Nick," Matt greeted, putting a hand on Alex's shoulder.

"Didn't expect to see you at break," Alex smiled. He was happy that Matt had gone out of his way to join them.

"Al, can we have a word in private please?" Matt continued.

"Aye, but Nick's here now, can't we have it later?" Alex sympathised for Nick being the new friend in their very close group.

"It's alright, I actually need the loo and then I might go talk to Fraser before Maths so you can talk or whatever," Nick stated and waved kindly to the two boys before walking off in the direction of the toilet.

"Okay, Alex. You're going to have to let me get this all out before you try and get yourself out of anything, so promise to let me finish before disputing, alright?" Matt scolds.

With a puzzled look on his face, Alex decided to just let Matt speak and nodded affirmatively.

"I were in Biology and Miles sits next to me in that class, and he were on about helping Mr Firth out with a music class he teaches. He said there were about 10 others and they were helping the GCSE Music class with their final performance. He asked if I knew anyone in the class. At first I was like 'nah' because I completely forgot you did Music. All of a sudden I remembered and said a bit too loudly, 'actually, yeah, my best mate's in that class'. So long story short, I sang your praises and we've both been invited to the most popular boy's house party on Saturday. He said that he has a free house this week and next week so we can stay over if we want. He said his mum goes away for work all the time and he's got no siblings and a big empty house." Matt's eyes were wide with excitement.

"Matt, I know you wanna get me and Miles together but I'm just too shy to go to the party. Besides, he might not be gay. And even then he wouldn't go for me, he's popular and older and could do better," Alex doubted his chances very much.

"Come on, Alex! It's the most popular boy's party, not showing up would be social suicide. If you don't wanna go that much then you can stay at home but I promise I'll look after you at the party. At least give him a chance when you meet him in Music later," Matt compromised.

Alex rolled his eyes, "Fine, I'll give him a chance."

As the bell rang for double Science and Matt bid him farewell, Alex felt extremely scared for last period. He had to remind himself that there was a one in ten chance that he'd get paired with Miles so there was really nothing to worry about. Even in his class of ten students, he would be picked last by the popular boy. He'd go for Anna or Keira or someone pretty that he could make out with the whole time.

He assumed Miles was shallow because there's no way he could be kind and nice and funny because such a perfect human being is unable to exist.

Science was a bore but at least he sat next to Ben who was becoming a good friend and was a great conversation starter. When he thought no one was looking, Alex pulled out his tattered notebook and began to write down whatever sprang to mind. When he sensed Ben trying to peer over, he immediately shut the notebook and flushed bright red.

"Sorry," Ben murmured.

"It's okay, it's just private is all," Alex mumbled.

"Ah, alright, I understand."

"It's not just you, I don't show anyone my book."

"What's in there?"

"Gay stuff," Alex winked which surged both the boys into a fit of laughter. Luckily the whole class was talking so they didn't get in trouble with the teacher.

Two gruelling hours were finally grinding to a halt and everyone was packing up their bags. Ben swung his bag onto his back.

"Alex?"

"Yeah."

"Are you going to Miles' party on Saturday?"

"Dunno."

"Can I take you?"

A bit of a short chapter, I know. But that cliffhanger at the end! I go back to school tomorrow so the updates might not be as regular but I promise I'll keep going as often as possible. I'm glad you are all enjoying the story so far, I love your feedback.
- m <3