Family

During the month of January, a delicate girl was born. A younger sister to many, but only for one. Shortly after her birth, her parents separated and the siblings left with their mother to another country. The siblings didn't get along.

They bit each other, fought each other, and despised each other. But one thing the two agreed on and conspired together, was stealing. At first, the younger sister did not agree with her brother's conspiracies, but then their mother found another man, and the children lost their attention.

When their parents weren't looking, they stole candy from their parents' stashes and money. At one point, they managed to steal $200 from an envelope in their stepfather's drawer.  And then, seemingly out of nowhere, their parents split apart yet again. Little did they know their mother was being abused by their stepfather.

Again, the mother found a man. At first, the man was kind and friendly, the perfect father. The daughter loved him and he gained her trust. She gained his trust as well. But the brother doubted him and continued his acts of stealing, attempting to blame it on the young girl. And gaining hate from the new stepfather.

Things got worse after a baby was born- a baby brother. The two siblings lost their parents to the new baby and were left to fend for themselves. They stole more and more, getting caught almost every time. The stepfather hating them for the sneaky thieves they were.

Hardly fed, they survived by stealing and the little things their caring mother gave them behind the man's back. Eventually, the older brother was given the chance to go back to where he was born to live with his grandmother and oldest brother.

The sister was left alone. She helped around the house and was a great child, but nothing could stop her old habits. She kept stealing. Minor things, mind you, but still stealing. Smarter than her older brother, she got caught less.

She was left alone.